Chapter V

Today marks a new week in school. Yup, I successfully survived a week at Real Choice Private School.

During the week, the principal gave me my books, textbooks, Sport wear, Friday wear, the school sweater (Looks exactly like the sweater Hannah wore the first day I saw her) and my ID card.

This is second week and I'm anxious again, this week students will finally resume and Teachers will start teaching actual work.

"You people should hurry o, I'll be late for work." My aunt says. We are all in the dinning room, having Tea and bread for breakfast.

Concerning the woman that came the other day claiming she was my Aunt's co-worker, I haven't said a word to my aunt about it. I just have this fear to tell her, I mean how will I even start. I also pleaded with Demi not to tell her mum anything.

Demi coughs loudly. I know that cough is fake.

"Are you okay?, Don't choke o" Demi's mum says rubbing Demi's shoulder.

"So work....." Demi says nodding her head slowly.

What is wrong with this girl?, I begged her to not tell her mum about it.

"What kind of work do you do seff?" Demi blurts out taking a sip from her tea. I'm still very surprised that Bolu and Demi don't know what kind of job their mum does.

Demi's mum looks confused, she turns to glare at me with a scrunched brow and I just shrug in response. I'll just pretend like I know nothing about it.

"Office work, you know this Demi, what's wrong?" Demi's mum snaps.

Demi sighs, she turns to glare at her mum with a straight face.

"One lady came to our house the other day looking for you, she said she's your co-worker" Demi says.

"So, what's wrong if my co-worker comes to look for me?" Demi's mum asks rising to her feet. She looks really angry and to be honest I was expecting this.

"She was giving us Ashewo vibes, chewing gum anyhow, The lady was definetly an Ashewo and if she is your co-worker then you are an Ashewo too" Demi deadpans.

I cover my mouth in horror, I cannot believe Demi just called her mum an Ashewo, in front of Bolu.

"Demilade!" Her mom yells landing her five fingers on Demi's face.

Demi doesn't even look surprised at the fact that her mum just slapped her, instead she walks away from the dinning room and the next thing I hear is the slamming of the front door.

Things just get real awkward, My Aunty flashes me a 'This is all your fault, you won't escape this conversation' look. She hisses and walks into the kitchen.

I glare at Bolu, he looks really confused so I do the right thing by standing up from my chair and pulling him into a hug.

"It's okay Champ"

*********************At school.

"That will be all for today, Make sure you copy your assignments from page 67 of New concept English textbook." Miss Ifunaya says. I finally met the Miss Ifunaya Teddy was talking about, turns out she's our English teacher.

"Ma, what of us that are using Comprehensive english textbook?" Teddy asks bringing out a big textbook from her bag.

"Don't you hear word, Ode." Devil yells from his seat.

"Ma, see Amir o, if......" (So the devil's name is Amir, I never knew muslim boys have devilish character).

"That's enough Amarachi and Amir." Miss Ifunaya snaps slamming the desk in front of her.