Chapter 30

Matt P.O.V

Words weren't enough to describe how I felt, so I wasn't even going to bother anyone with trying to express how I felt.

It was cold in this cell. I only saw the lemon tree from the small window that was here. There was a mouse here and I watched it walk around. Waiting until time would pass; waiting till I'd be picked up for whatever was awaiting me. Whatever the punishment was, I would take it with stride. I had fucked up in the most horrid way possible. I didn't deserve to even be here anymore. I was going to await my trial. A trial that I thought was stupid. I should just be brought to Gotar and be done with it.

The sun had set and come back up and long after that, the cell door opened and I looked up and I saw dad standing there. He leaned against the opening of the cell door and he stared at me for a second and he blew out some air and shook his head before looking sideways. He couldn't even look at me. Fuck.

"You are permitted to take a shower and dress yourself in the private quarters. Afterwards you will come to the meeting area and present yourself to the family court." He said and I nodded carefully as I stood up and I held out my hands to him and he stared at my chains. He grabbed the key from his pocket and opened it, not even looking at me. Fuck.

I walked towards my private quarters and I looked in the mirror. I had no idea how I had looked, but looking at myself in the mirror I gulped. Both my eyes were blue, my eyebrows were stitched up, my nose was slightly more crooked. My lips were swollen. All of this I had deserved.

I took a shower, cleaning myself for probably the last time before I walked towards the closet and looked at what I could wear. I decided on a black suit, since it was my fucking funeral. I put some gel through my hair, even if it wasn't important, before I walked down the stairs. I hopped down in the way I always did and walked through the castle towards the meeting area.

I opened the door, or rather two security guards did for me. They opened the door and I walked through it.

I didn't know how to act, so I decided to be in my King demeanour; it being the last time I could ever do this. I had been king for two to three years. This was what my reign would be. I looked in the meeting area and I saw Danny and Willow sitting next to one another, both wearing nice dresses. I saw Leila staring ahead with a sorrow look, wearing black just like I did. Tears were rolling down her cheeks and she seemed heartbroken. 

Fuck. 

I looked away from her though and I looked for Lottie; but Lottie wasn't here. I would never see Lottie again. The last time she'd ever see me was being carried away by father. The last I saw of her, was pure fear. 

Fuck. 

I saw my mother sitting there, wearing a dress, her hair in a messy bun on the top of her head. She had huge circles under her eyes and her eyes were red. Her nose was red too, as if she'd cried so much that it literally hurt. Next to her sat my papa whom was looking at me, observing me. On her other side it were Dad and Father. Both staring at mum, making sure she was ok.

I looked away from them and I saw my two brothers staring at me- glaring at me. The look of pure hatred and disgust. Oliver and Lucas hated me. That made sense though. They should hate me. I looked away from them and I looked at the place where I usually would sit; the kings and queens table.

Eddie and Eric were both glaring at me, not even trying to put on a poker face. It felt like a knife was put in my heart as I looked at the hatred that my brothers had for me. I looked away from them and looked into the brown eyes that were always on my side; had always been on my side. I too, fucked that up. Mike was staring at me and for one brief second I saw pain in it, absolute agony, before it changed and he put his mask back on. His king mask. He was hiding whatever he was thinking. I looked away from him though, because even though he had been the most important person in my life; he didn't matter right now. I looked away from him and I looked next to him and if Eddie and Eric's looks made it feel like a knife was thrown in my heart. This was pure torture.