Chapter Two | Where is Peter Pan's favourite place to eat out?

Vote | Comment | Follow

I shuffle through the letters in my hands throwing the advert ones into the bin beside me, just as I decide to stop-I see a letter from my property owner. I know what this is about. I rip the envelope and slide the paper out, unfolding it to see the numbers floating around.

I close my eyes and then open it, but it still does not help, I sat there for exactly thirty minutes contemplating what I'm going to do about it. If I knew taking over after Lara would cause this much stress on payment, I would not have taken it. However, she did not tell me about these payments needing to be paid.

If I add them all together it would count up to forty thousand worth.

Including rent and the landlord's bills.

How am I meant to pay all of this and pay for the college debt? I had electricity, water supplies, suppliers and a lot more things to pay. This was unbelievable, my hands brush through my hair once again feeling stress eating me up inside.

I throw the letters back onto the table wanting nothing to do with it but knowing that I had to pay all of this before the property owner sees me.

I stand up, pushing the chair behind my legs before making my way to the front.

The florist is slow today, Mondays were always the quietest days; it was only on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays that the shop was busy with men who needed to buy flowers for their fiancées or girlfriends.

Mostly because they needed to apologise.

My gaze shifts to the orchids in front of the window, where the sun falls just right, allowing the petals to form. I've always imagined myself as a flower that blooms when it's happy but dies when it's sad.

The phone starts ringing, and I blink repeatedly, wishing it would stop, but knowing that I have no choice except to take it up. I pick up the black phone, holding it against my ears. "Arabella's florist, how can I help you?"

"Hello, can I please order four hundred blue roses to Hernandez Incorporate please." My eyes widen at the huge order, in all my years on working-this is most likely the biggest order I have received.

I shuffle around the cashier to find myself a paper and pen, nodding my had as if the women were in front of me.

"Of course, of course you can. Four hundred roses to Hernandez Incorporate. May I ask when?"

"This Friday, if possible,"

"Yes, that is totally possible would you like for me to count up the bill now and you could pay over the phone?" I asked, shoving the pen between my ear as I grab the calculator from the table.

"Would it be okay if I pay on Friday when the flowers are brought to me, so I know if it is in good condition or not."

"I'm afraid not, normally the customer would pay before receiving the flowers-"

"I know this is a sudden call, but it would really mean a lot to me if I could pay on Friday. My name is Sapphire Brown." I sigh.

Not knowing what to do, normally I would always make the customer pay before receiving the flowers, but this was an amazing order. I would receive over six hundred dollars from this sudden order.

"I'm feeling kind today so we can negotiate the bill on Friday when I bring you the flowers. Do you have a phone number that I can call when I arrive?" I asked.

"No, just go to the reception and say sapphire brown to Nicholas Hernandez." I write down the names and put the pen down onto the paper when I finish.