Chapter Eight | Who is Cogsworth's best friend?

Vote | Comment | Follow

"Hey, Bella. Do you know where my apron is-oh my god." I turned to face Lauren as I slip my pearl earrings in. Her jaw dropped as she looked me over.

"What? Is it too much?" I asked, she shakes her head. Still looking like she saw ghost, I looked in the mirror. I was wearing a tight black long dress that reaches me just above my ankles.

My hair was let out into soft curls as my makeup was kept simple.

"Wow, you look-you look beautiful." She complimented; I smiled as I sat onto the bed. Grabbing my favourite pair of heels, I slip them on, and the long laces were wrapped around my legs. Did I mention it was a long-sleeved dress? I mean, this was a bargain for thirty dollars.

"Thank you, Lauren." I said, Lauren walks in and analyses me, she raises a confused eyebrow.

"But you do know we are going to a florist, soil, dirt and things. I'm not saying take it off, you look amazing it's just that-"

"I'm not going to work today, Lauren." I interjected.

Standing up I wrap my bracelets around my wrist and grab my bag that hung over my shoulders, Lauren followed me as I walked down the corridors into the kitchen, opening the cupboards looking for coffee beans.

"You're not?"

"No, I have business." I whispered, still looking for the stupid coffee beans.

"Ok, text me if you need anything." Before leaving, I give Lauren a cheek kiss and close the door behind me. I then start to descend the stairs.

Upon reaching the last step and walking into the garage, I notice people standing next to my car with cameras in hand. Perhaps heels weren't the best footwear for these bloody steps. I quickly turn the other direction to face the entrance.

The moment I stepped out, I quickly called for a cab, flashes of bright lights aim in my eyes.  People shout, I slam the door shut as I take a deep breath.

"Nicholas Hernandez Incorporate please." I whispered; the man nods his head as he swerves the car away from the paparazzi. Opening my bag, I slip out a pair of sunglasses, I put them on over the bridge of my nose as I wait silently to arrive.

I gave him the cash when the taxi stopped, then got out and stood outside, looking up at the structure. From my front-row seat to the action I was about to take. As soon as I entered, I made my way to the reception. The same receptionist from earlier rolled her eyes as she watched me enter.

"We don't want any flowers."

"I know, I am here to speak to Nicholas Hernández. My name is Arabella Taylor."

She chuckles and fixes the loose strand that left hair. "So are the other fifty girls in the waiting room. You can go wait there." I stare at her, before watching to where she was pointing. Brown haired woman everywhere, were they really impersonating me?

"Can you call Nicholas please and tell him I am here, please?" She shook her head no and pointed to the seating area, I closed my eyes and prayed to god quickly before walking away. I sit next to the elevator seeing her watching me. I silently tap my foot, before a plan shoots into my mind.

I wait for the elevator to open, the receptionist brings the two security guards pointing at me, the moment the elevator opened I snuck inside hearing her shout. "There! She is over there! Get her!" I press the button repeatedly, the minute the security guard reached the doors it closed. I smile and look at the number of numbers.

"Fudge!" I admitted in a murmur that I hadn't given this much thought. Before I see the initials, I quickly scan each number. NH. I pressed the button while grinning. I leaned against the window as the elevator started to ascend.