Chapter Twenty Seven | What did Flynn do for Rapunzel?

Vote | Comment | Follow

I watched nearly all the videos, and to see how much love I had for Nicholas was absolutely beautiful. I definitely cried here and there, could you blame me? I am in my florist office at the moment, unable to stop laughing our old relationship.

I saw the excitement on my face when we figured out a name for Rose, he recorded every stage of my pregnancy. He really did love me. There was one last video, but before I could press onto it-a knock on my office door alerts me and I glance up to see Nicholas.

"Hey." I whisper as he steps inside and closes the door behind him.

"Hey, I thought maybe we could-"His eyes snatch onto the camera, "you went inside then..."

"Yeah, these videos may have made me cry three or nine times." We both release a chuckle, and he settles down in front of me, I settle the camera down knowing it was time for us to talk. "So..."

"So..." He repeats.

"Nicholas, I love you-not the past you but this you. I'm sorry for forgetting and-well...running away."

"Sophia-Arabella, there is no need for you to apologise. None of this is your fault, I love you-past you and present you. We're just going to have to make this work, if you want too-I don't want to force you into anything."

I take his hands into mine.

"I do, I do want this, and I want to be closer to Rose and apologise to her and love her, I know I have not been present in her life and trust me I do want to change that, and I understand if it will take time for her to warm up to me." Tears graze my cheeks; I wipe it with the back of my hand, but it did not go unnoticed.

I understand that I could never go back in time, the moment where I was pregnant-I wish I could re-live every moment again to have an understanding on how much I adored Nicholas. But like they say, and Lauren says- there is no point on thinking about what's already happened and to move on and think about what is about to happen.

I had to learn that the hard way, that way being losing my own family.

He gets out of his chair, comes over to me, lifts me up, and places his lips against mine. As his arms around my waist, I tiptoe and place my hands on his chest.

Once we separate, we look into each other's eyes.

Pressing our forehead against one another, his nose brushing mine.

"I'll see you at home then?"

"I'll see you at home." He gives me one last kiss before leaving, and I brush my lips before returning to my desk. I lift the camera once more and start the video, Nicholas was recording me once I finally gave birth.

"She's losing blood." I hear murmurs around in the video, I slowly begin to sit up and watch how Nicholas set the camera down onto a table facing me directly as he rushes to my side. "Someone get him out of here," doctors yelled, beeps are heard.

The nurses try to push Nicholas out of the room, but we're unable to.

I fast forwarded the video, unable to hear anything until it was just me alone in the room.

Just as I was going to turn off the video, on the moment I fell asleep. My eyebrows furrow as I struggle to make sense of the lingering shadow. The shadow approaches my side as well as swings around, walking past the camera. My spine tingles as he brushes my hair back.

"Nicholas..." I hear myself mumble.

"No baby, It's me..." My eyes open, and they widen as I glance into the figures eyes.