Chapter Twenty Two | What did Nala say to Simba?

Vote | Comment | Follow

My legs were wrapped around another, my hands were resting on a pillow along with my head. I slowly lift my head up from the pillow only to notice I was resting on Nicholas' chest. I smile and lean back down as I pull the covers over our body; I feel his fingers graze my back, I was out of my head, out of my mind.

I was safe.

For the first time I felt safe in his grasp, no nightmares. No hidden fear. Just him and me. "Bella? What time is it?" He groans as he rubs his faces, I moan not wanting him to remove himself from my comfortable grasp, so I pretended I was asleep.

He pushes a lock of my hair away from my face and behind my ears, "I know you are awake," I let out a soft laugh as I dig my head into his chest.

"No, I'm not, I'm sleeping."

"Is it now?"

"Yes." He chuckles as he strokes my hair, I sigh in complete happiness as I try to fall back asleep. "Come on it-Oh shit, Bella move I am late to an important meeting." He removes me but I groan not wanting to let him go, but at the end he gets his way as always as he rushes to the bathroom.

I am too comfortable to stand up, so instead I just watched him rush around the cupboard with a toothbrush in his hand. I calmly stand up and stretch out my legs as I walk into the bathroom doing my business. After finishing I leave the bedroom where Nicholas is and head to the kitchen.

Nicholas dashes down stars as if a cat was chasing him.

"Alright, goodbye." He shouts as he enters the lift, I wave at him making myself coffee since Lauren and Rodrigues are still at it in the bedroom.

It has been a couple hours, has he made it on time? Is everything with him alright? Did he hear me do my ugly snore? Oh gosh he probably did. And what if? I look down at my phone only to notice the month. June. One more before the contract ends. One more before we have to do our almighty break up. Did I want too though? I was enjoying myself, I felt free. I felt loved secretly.

I go up to get changed, I slip on one of his shirts and a pair of overalls. I tie my hair up into a ponytail allowing two strands to attach to my cheeks. I decide to do a bit of make-up, mascara, concealer and some blush. After fixing my profile, I walk out the bedroom and back downstairs to meet Lauren who was scanning a newspaper.

"Nicholas Hernandez chasing his wife in a trolley!" She over exaggerates, my eyes widen as I let out a stranded laugh grabbing the paper. "What the fuck were you doing in a trolley?"

"I ended up in the-oh wait it says it here." I smile as I read. "Arabella Taylor Hernandez, seen in a dumpster only to be pulled out full of laughter with her husband Nicholas Hernandez. Within that funny moment we decided not to disturb them as they shared a beautiful kiss. Before running of the moment, we took photos." I bite into her apple and hand her the newspaper.

"I know why you married him; he seems like a bit of a dick, but he loves you, that's for sure." I look up into her blue eyes.

"How would you know if he loves me?"

"Look at how he is smiling whilst running after you, then the way he smiles in your kiss." She says pointing at the picture. "I feel like he's freed you, you look so much more stress free, and you haven't had a panic attack in five months. That's big, even for you. You chose right, I'm proud of you."

She was right. As much as I didn't want to admit it, I have fallen for Nicholas, and I am falling hard. I never trusted a man before but with Nicholas, I knew I could. He is an amazing man, from his looks to his hidden personality. My panic attacks. The pills? I haven't had any of that, I haven't had no panic attacks since the debt situation. I