Chapter Ten | Why was Tigger in the bathroom for so long?

Vote | Comment | Follow

All I see is long queues and I knew I had to expand soon; I smile knowing someone out there is receiving my flowers. We were now opening in a few hours but needed to restock. The helpers Nicholas sent was a dream. They didn't even talk nor complain but they were amazing at selling.

Jake comes next to me and helps me cut the dead roses from the packs. "So, married?" He whispered, I look up at him and nod my head before turning back. "I didn't know," I didn't either, but things happen. Miracles come. "Would you mind-actually doesn't matter I'm asking too much."

"What is it, Jake?" I asked nicely.

"My brother, he just came out of prison for something he didn't commit and now-"

"He is looking for a job and you want me to hire him?" I said, he looks down at me and nods his head. I give him a warm coming smile nodding my head. "Of course, I will let go of one the staff here and he can help us out. When does he come out?"

"He actually came out last week but is looking for a job." He throws the dead roses into the bag of soil and leans against the counter to face me. I move closer to grab the pens from next to him, as I do I look up and sigh.

"Okay bring him in tomorrow, I will be in charge of him though. I don't need you getting distracted." Jake turns me around and embraces me into a hug, I smile my hands wrapping around his waist. Who knew I needed a hug from this man?

"Thank you, Bella, this means a lot to me." He kisses my cheeks and slips out his phone to tell his brother the good news. I turn back to my flowers before feeling something staring at me.

I look up and lock eyes with his hazel ones.

I wave at him, brushing my hands on my apron.

I walk out of the shop, closing the door behind me as I stand in front of Nicholas. Nicholas stood tall, wearing a dark navy button up shirt with the sleeves wrapped to his elbows.

"We are going shopping for a new outfit-outfits. Go get your things."

"I'm sorry but I have things to do, I'm working. We may go after my work hours." Nicholas slips on his blazer and opens the car door for me, I roll my eyes and turn away. Rambling back inside, I was waiting for the doorbells to ring, but it doesn't.

I see Nicholas behind me.

I go back to cutting the dead roses on the wooden table, whilst Nicholas stood beside me watching my every hand movement. "Arabella, I have a busy schedule. I only have two hours of free time."

"What about my schedule? I have employers to sort out, you are not the only hard-working person in this world." I whisper out, Nicholas looks around the florist.

"You call this hard working? How much do you even make a day?" I lift my head, a surprised look. I stab the knife into the wood and tread away from his disgusting face, I go into the locker room and rip out an apron before rushing back up to see him standing in the same position. "Have you finished crying? Let's go, I have a meeting at twelve thirty."

I throw him the apron, "come on, you are working with me today. Seeing how it isn't even hard working." I spat out.

He looked down at the apron before glancing at me.

"Come on, its husband working with the wife today. You know if this-" I point between him, and I."-was real I would put poison in your coffee and say you had a tragic death."

"And if I would have to marry someone like you, I would probably drink it." He said without even thinking, I pointed to the apron, and he slipped of his blazer throwing it into my face. "Be careful with that, it is a two-thousand-dollar blazer."

"I will make sure not to rip it on the way." I growled, I see Lauren and Greg staring at us.

As I threw his jacket into the closet, I wanted to scream. I turn around and enter the store just as guy Nicholas is fumbling to put on an apron. Oh my God, it's not that difficult. I approach him from behind and sew the two strings around his waist.

As I finish up, I give him a punch of beautiful roses. "Pull out every single leave from the roses, the after you are done. Crush the leaves and put it into that bag next to Jake. It turns into soil."

"Only if you come with me to buy you new clothes."

"Fine. Deal."

Nicholas nods his head; he begins ripping the leaves apart and throwing it in front of him. I began cutting the end of the stems before handing it for him to remove the leaves from.

The moment I zone out, I slowly turn my head to see Nicholas doing it so easily. Every rose I hand he finishes it in a few seconds. As he finishes, he puts the leaves into a bowl and begins crushing it before walking over to Jake and Greg, Greg stared at him as if he was a God.

Jake looks down at his phone, with a confused face.

"So, anything you want to know about me?" I ask Nicholas, he shakes his head.

"Not really, no."

"My favourite snacks are brownies, oh and I love going to fields..."

I keep trying to come up with new things to say to him, but he doesn't appear to be interested. My fingers accidentally contact his as I toss the next flower onto the table, and we both look up to lock eyes.

"We need wedding rings." I whisper.

"I'll take you when we go shopping today." The bell chimes, I look up to see the landlord walking in. He slams an eviction notice in front of me.

"You leave by tomorrow." I pick up the eviction notice and stare blankly at it.

"But you said I can have six months?" I say, he shrugs his shoulders and folds his arms above his chest.

"Yeah, well things change, people change and-" He stops talking as his eyes trail Nicholas. I couldn't stop looking at the big, bright red bold letters saying eviction.

"How much?" Nicholas asks.

"Pardon?"

"How much does she owe you?" Nicholas said removing the apron from around his waist. What on earth was this man doing?

"Forty grand, Mr Hernandez..." He whispers, Nicholas grabs his blazer from the locker room as slowly as he could. The moment he comes back, he takes out a cheque book from his side pocket and gazes at me.

"Hand me a pen."

"What are you doing Nicholas?" I whispered pulling him away from the Landlord, Mr Larry and into my office. I close the door behind us and turn to face Nicholas, he walks to my desk and looks for a pen. I follow after him. "No, you're not doing it."

"I'm paying you in advance."

"Nicholas, forty-grand isn't a bloody advance. Are you being silly with me? Put the cheque book back in your blazer now!" I shouted in my small whispers; Nicholas' hands reach my face. Just me thinking he was going to graze my cheeks; he removes the pen between my ears before walking back to Mr Larry.

"This should suffice her another seven months as well." I grabbed the cheque book from his hands and looked down, my eyes wanted to spill from my guts as I see the number of Zeros. One hundred thousand dollars.

"I am not a charity Nicholas; I don't need you to pay for me. This, this is too much." I said, Nicholas' jaw tenses.

"I will leave by the end of the month, Mr Larry."