Chapter Twenty Nine | Did she really have to kiss a frog?

VOTE! VOTE! VOTE!

SONG: Gilded Lily - Cults (slowed and reverb)

"You broke me again Sophia..."

I hear his voice from afar, I sniffle and see Rose covering her eyes.

I raise my shirt, leaving me in just my bra.

In an effort to block additional blood from escaping, I bind it over my wound as tightly as I can when I see him approaching. I compel myself to rise up while I grit my teeth and sob in anguish. I try to use my right leg to run as I clutch Rose's hands and start hobbling.

"Bella-I want daddy."

"Let's go find him." I felt like I was losing breath, my pulse has begun to weaken, and my energy has been drained. I fall again and land straight to the ground, "go behind that tree, go hide and don't come out until I say so. No matter what-go!"

"I want to stay with you!"

"Go Rose now!" She cries and runs behind the tree I told her to go too.

I glance up at the sky, my eyes gently closing-

I inhale deeply, closing my eyes for a moment to inhale the importance of this day before finally having the confidence to raise my head. My view is blocked by the fabric of my veil, my father takes my arms in his and stands up straight.

"This is for our family, agápi mou." My father whispers the words, my jaw tenses as i try my hardest to suck in the tears forming in my eyes. "Remember this was planned since you were young, we have to abide by the contract Sophia."

I shake my head, unable to do anything as I throw the bouquet onto the ground and make my way towards the dressing room. I hear my father yelling after me, and my mother chasing me. But once I reached the room, I slammed the door closed and rushes my fingers through my hair.

"Amor," the softness of his voice echoed around the room in whispers.

My head raises from my hands, and I look up to see Mike standing in the corner of the room, "Mike." I whisper rushing to his embrace; his arms wrap around my waist as my head falls into his chest. I sob gently, aware that my makeup has probably smudged onto his shirt.

He pulls me back and glances at me, a smile spreads onto his face as he looks at my wedding dress. "You look beautiful," he whispers.

"I don't want to marry him, let's run away."

"Amor, we can't...we'll both be killed."

Mike sighs and pushes a strand of my hair behind my ears before pressing his lips onto mine, the tenderness of it left my heart to peace.

"Now, man up and marry that lucky fuck-I'll be there every step of the way."

"You promise?" He nods, taking my hands in his as he leaves gentle kisses.

"I'm your bodyguard, I have no choice." His light eyes convinces me, I kiss him once more before letting go of him and walking to the door.

"I love you Mike..."

"I love you more Amor," I turn the knob and exit the room.

Noticing my mother scanning every inch of the hallway before her sights are with me, "hurry up!" She grabs my arms and forces me down the steps, and we are back to where we began. The front of the chapel doors.

The doors begin to open.

My life unrolled before my eyes.

All the alliances of Nicholas Hernandez.