Chapter Eighteen | Wanna know something about Pinocchio?

Vote | Comment | Follow

Leaving the room, I see Lauren talking to someone very similar. Rodrigues.

"So, does that make you, my brother-in-law?"

"Is Arabella your sister?"

"No but she's my best friend."

"The no. Its bloody hell does not and thank god!" Lauren rolls her eyes as I reach the island in the kitchen. I grab my purse and slip my phone inside catching the eyes of both of them. "Well, Mrs Hernandez. Would you like some friend egg?"

"No, thank you, I need to get going. Lauren, you don't need to go to work today. I will sort everything out today." I throw the bags chain over my shoulders and fix the loose bracelets around my wrist.

"Okay, thanks. So, Roddy, guess I'm spending the day with you." Lauren wraps her arms around Rodrigues'.

He slaps his forehead and tries pulling her of but once Lauren is wrapped around you then it's going to take a miracle to get her off. "Do not ever call me Roddy, please."

"I will think about it. Brother-in-law." I laugh, shaking my head as I wave goodbye to them. Before stopping. "Rodrigues." His head snaps to me.

"Where are Nicholas' car keys?"

"Why?"

"I need to visit Nicholas, where are his keys?" He sighs shuffling into his pockets as he throws me a black smooth key. A BMW key.

I smile, walking towards the front door before I hear Rodrigues call out- "Don't ruin my car, it is very expensive."

"Like brother, like brother."

The doors of the garage gradually opened revealing all his cars, I look down at the key only to see one BMW. I press the unlock button and yellow flashing lights along with a sound alerts me to the direction of the car.

I looked back and noticed the BMW. This gorgeous car had my mouth open in astonishment, smooth back, matte black vehicle, inside is red and black. I slide into the driver's seat after pulling the door open.

I adjust the seat, place my bag on the available passenger seat, and fasten my seatbelt. As the car roars to life, I turn the key in the ignition. I inhale as I place both of my hands on the steering wheel.

"I can drive a sports car." I whispered to myself, convincingly.

I exit the garage and onto the streets, I put in his GPS and begin following the directions. This car was beautiful. The drive was amazingly good and all I wanted to do was to drive more.

Maybe having a fake rich husband was not as bad as I thought it was.

My fingers tap as I stop outside his parking lot, I drive in, the security guard allowing me as he waves excitedly. I give him a big smile as I park the car onto the drop of point. I get out along with my bag. "I'm not here long,"

"No problem, Mrs Hernandez." I walk inside the company, all the woman watching me as I pass the receptionist who does not even look my way. I pushed the button. Waiting patiently. The doors open, I step inside and look around remembering the last time I came here.

Arriving onto his floor, the doors open revealing a hard-working Nicholas on his desk, he looks up and does not say a thing as he looks back down at his papers. He looks stressed as he raised the paper to eye level. Before throwing it onto the ground and banging the table. "Nicholas are you okay?"

"I always hated maths, and this is just-I do not know why I am complaining to you."

"I graduated in mathematics; I can help you if you would like me to." He looks wielded out, then he looks at the fallen piece of paper. I dropped my bag onto the sofa and picked the sheet up from the ground, giving it a quick scan. "This is fine, I can teach you how to do it before I go." I stumble towards his leather seat and stand next to him before bending over to his computer.