Chapter Three | Why did Chip and Dale take Daisy Duck to the hospital?

Vote | Comment | Follow

"Jake, can you please go out and bring the roses inside." Jake salutes me as he passes by me, I scribble onto the receipt before handing it over to the customer. "Thank you for shopping at Arabella's Florist, hope to see you again." I say happily, the woman smiles and picks up the bag of flowers before leaving.

I see Jake outside; his blonde coloured hair being messed up by the sudden drag of the wind.

He wore his apron perfectly, his small biceps folding as he picks up the boxes of blue roses. "Look at you staring at Jake, did you know he was gay?" I gasp throwing the towel onto the glass table.

"No way." I whispered; Lauren nods her head.

"I know, I was just as surprised as you. Why is it always the hot guys that are gay?" I chuckle at Lauren as we both stare at Jake walking back inside, the moment his eyes catch onto the both of us. We bump into each other misdirecting to go the wrong way.

Lauren holds onto her forehead, over exaggerating the bump.

"Thanks Jake, just put them to the side please." Jake nods his head as he drops the carefully onto the worktables.

"Those are a lot of flowers; how much was it?"

"Two hundred dollars' worth but I am earning over five hundred since she wants it delivered and wrapped." I mutter, Lauren nods her head as she passes me by my shoulders.

"That's a surprise normally you would ask for the money first, are you not scared that this might be another prank call?" Lauren says, pressing the buttons on the till as it flings open, she has the customer the remaining of the money before turning to me.

"Yeah normally, but she gave me the address and her name and the guy's name who she wants to be sending it to. So, there's not a lot to worry about." I said shrugging my shoulder, Lauren leans against the counter, her arms folding.

She looks me in the face, I look back at her ready for her to bombard me with questions.

"Alright ask."

"What's going on?"

"Nothing, why?" She does not believe me. "Fine, I think I'm being followed..." She drops the flowers in her hands and gives me her full attention. "Yesterday, I was in the park and on the phone to my mother-two men in suits were standing a few metres from me and they followed me all the way to the florist."

"Did you call the police?"

"What are they going to do?"

"Please tell me you did not go home?"

"I did, I had nowhere else to go." She slaps her forehead. "What?"

"Have you not watched the movies where they follow you and kill you in your own home? You're supposed to drive to the police station instead." I roll my eyes, secretly knowing she's right.

"I am going to go help Jake now, you keep plucking the dead flowers." I whisper, she rolls her own eyes and continues to pluck them as I rush my legs towards Jake.

I see him packing the blue roses for departure tomorrow, I slump my body onto the chair opposite the table. Jake gives me his cute smile as he cuts the paper to fit the flowers.

"Thanks Jake, are you coming with me to drop them off?" Jakes head lifts up, he chuckles slightly and shrugs his shoulders.

"I don't really know; my husband just lost his job and he sort of needs me-"

"Let him work here, I really don't mind." Jakes head rises.

"Are you serious Ms Taylor-"

"Arabella and yes, I need the help." Jake drops the flowers and engulfs me into a hug, I giggle slightly as I wrap my arms around his neck and look up to see Lauren kissing the flowers, I pull up my middle finger and she just laughs it off.