Chapter Nineteen | Why was Anger so furious?

Vote | Comment | Follow

This is a short novel, It's written in the cover of the book! Not all chapters will be long!

The wind had become the orchestral conductor of the sea, sending waves into their crescendos' all through the ballad that was the night. Through squinting eyes, she drank in the sight of the waves, the foam reflecting the garish lights of the casinos and bars. The roaring and pounding obliterated all other sounds and her mind was awash with exhilaration.

A layer of salt was soon encrusted my eyelashes and she could taste it over mu cracked lips. I recall the moments I sued to come here. When my father was angry at me or when my mother would despise me. The ocean gave me something I never had. Some sort of freedom.

When these boats of nature's tide, these free sailing sun-kissed branches, come to rest upon either pebbles or golden sands.

The beach stretched out alongside the water, upon this primrose sand, the hue as gentle on the eye as a vintage photograph, there is a steady warmth from the grains.

Already the stars glow as if they have kept a pocket of the daytime to shine all through the night sky. The sand is the gentlest hue of gold, almost earthen and muted, the humble star of the scene.

The ocean breeze whispers like a lover, placing salty kisses on my cheek and tousling my long auburn hair.

On days like this it playfully fillies the sails of the harbour boats, flutters their flags and pushes along the clouds. this breeze is just a mere hint of its power, that when roused it can toss whole ships like toys to smash on the rocks.

The ocean breeze is enough to blow errant strands of hair back toward the road behind, but not sufficient to bring the keen bite of winter wind.

The boats were scattered over the harbour like fall leaves in a pond. The colours were beautiful, random, bringing forth echoing memories from her childhood spent on the shore. The boats bobbed on the waves, turning a little as they did in their chaotic dance. Every boat on the ocean was as bright as the riot of new flowers adorning the hillside.

Stars filled the sky like pale corn into freshly turned ground. It was the promise of life in the darkness, a sense of warmth springing from the cold.

Then I hear my name being called. "Arabella." I turn my head around knowing who the voice belonged to. I continued sitting on the sand as he walks towards me. He stood beside me this time and looked down at me.

"I used to come here all the time., when my parents got into their stupid argument. When I felt alone, nothing was going my fucking way..." I feel him settle besides me, we both stare at the stars above us.

"That was the first time I have ever heard you swear." He mutters surprised, I laugh shaking my head as I turn to face him.

"I do swear, you know."

"I do not, but now I do." He alleged.

I pick myself up, removing his shirt as I throw it onto the ground. I slip of my skirt and begin walking towards the water.

"Arabella?" It hits my feet, sucking me in as I go in deeper. I then fall backwards, wetting my entire body. I stay underwater for a bit. Allowing it to drink me in. That's when I feel an arm wrap around my waist pulling me back onto the surface.

"Are you stupid?" He stated, I push my wet sticky hair back as I wipe my face.

My fluttering eyelashes meet those hazel eyes. Before they dazed down into his wet suit. The way it clung onto every muscle on his body. This man was seriously Gods favourite. The inked tattoos were being shown.

"You ruined your expensive suit for me." I whisper, only noticing how close we were.

"Well, I took the blazer off," I smiled. Could it be possible that my feeling has sort of sparked? Could it be possible that I might have fallen for Nicholas Hernandez? I didn't want to admit anything, but could it be possible that.... I have fallen for Nicholas.

My mind went black for a second-

"Before these witnesses, you have pledged to be joined in marriage. You have now sealed this pledge with your wedding rings. By the authority vested in me by the great country of Italy, I now pronounce you married, you may kiss the bride."

His fingers lift my veil, slowly throwing it over my head.

I snap out of it.

◾◾◾

Lauren barged into the bedroom with a small bag in her hands, I attached my final earring as I slide my hands down my dress. Looking suitable for the dinner with Nicholas and his business friends. It was last minute, but he said he was coming from work to pick me up.

We were both invited. "Lauren, what is it?"

"I got you a present." She said, she handed me the bag and I take it from her grasp. "Open it." She whispers, I sigh and take a feeling like box out of the bag. The moment I unwrapped it my eyes widen as I see a Vibrating Underwear.

"Lauren! Are you bloody serious?" I shouted in a whisper.

"Just try it on, see if it's a good fit." I look down at the box before receiving a text message from Nicholas.

I looked down at my screen to see that he was running a bit late, I sighed and glanced at Lauren who nods her head eagerly.

"Okay fine, get out."

"I knew you were horny." She laughed as she leaves the room, I stand up and rip open the box. I see an underwear along with a remote. It was no harm, right? I slip of my original underwear and put the second one on.

The moment I was about to grab the remote my name was being called.

He was meant to be running late!

I shove the remote into my bag as I hide the box into the bin, scrunching it down. The bedroom door opened, and I immediately turned around. Nicholas nodded his head, "hurry up, we need to go."

"I just need to- "

He grabs my arms gently and pushes me out of the room, I glance at Lauren whose mouth has dropped. I pointed down to my private area and she laughs loudly grabbing her stomach as she falls of the couch.

Nicholas pressed the elevator button as he allows me to go first.