Chapter Thirteen | What's red and has seven dents in it?

Vote | Comment | Follow

"Bella, please open the door!" I sniffle as I blow my nose into the tissue roll, I snatched from the bathroom; I wasn't really feeling well. It was the late-night ice creams Lauren forced me to eat last night.

It has been an entire week that I haven't seen Nicholas, and I wasn't going to lie when I say that I sort of missed his boringness.

As much as I didn't want to, I really liked our friendship. If he even thinks we are friends. I didn't know if I was getting a bit too comfortable, but he was just a weird person. His vibe and his steadiness was everything I used to wish in a guy and now, here he was in front of me.

The banging on my door continued, I hug my favourite teddy bear. The one my mother got me when I was five years old. She told me to always protect it no matter what, it may be a bit old, but I loved it. It still smelt like flowers.

I pull the blankets over my head. "Alright, I am going to go to the florist, please text me okay!" I wiped my nose and looked out the window. The sun shining in, I sighed as I looked down at the bear.

I hear Lauren talking to someone in small whispers outside my door.

She really is flirting with the mail man again.

Why am I even surprised? Then a soft knock was heard on my door. That was Laurens knock. This girl would break open my door. I slowly lift my head, "who is it?" I squeezed out.

"Nicholas." My heart made tiny jumps; I slowly pulled the cover off my body. The minute I stood up; I see my reflection. Red nose, puffy eyes and dirty hair. I groaned and fell right back onto the bed.

"Go away!" I spoke, sneezing once again.

"Shame, I brought Choco-" I jumped of the bed and unlocked my door, my eyes linked with his hazel ones. I covered my face with the blanket wrapped around my body. Nicholas opens my door fully and looks down at me. "You really are sick? Okay, stay away from me. Stay inside and do not leave the room- "

"I am on period. I get a flu along with it and something else, but I am not contagious! So, buzz of!" I was about to slam the door before his feet step through, he rolls his eyes as he hands me a shopping bag. I raise an eyebrow and take it from his hands gently.

Tissue boxes, medicine and a lot of sweets along with some chocolate. In the other bag was a brand hot water bottle for my stomach and some pads. "You got these for me? How did you know?"

"My sectary did but Lauren told me why you were ignoring my calls and text messages. Are you hungry? Have you eaten?" He asked, I shook my head 'no' and he nods his head slipping off his blazer as he throws it onto the couch.

I leave my room and step outside for the first time in three days.

Nicholas puts on the kettle, before grabbing a chopping board from the wall and back onto the counter, "Knives?" He asked, I pointed to the draw underneath the microwave and he takes it out. Then he walks to the fridge as I sit onto the island seats, watching him.

Was Nicholas really making food? After washing his hands, he takes out a few vegetables and washes them in the sink. Then begins slicing some cucumber, the kettle popped of, and I stood up before he stops me. "It is fine," I nod my head and sit back down.

He pours the water into the new hot water bottle and hands it over to me after closing it tightly.

"You don't have to Nicholas; you should get back to work."

"I finished everything I needed to do," he mutters, not looking me in the eyes as he said so.

I knew I was probably blushing absolute crimson as he continues cooking. It was silent but I didn't mind, Nicholas is perfect. Money, job, looks and he knows how to cook. I showed Nicholas where everything was and he didn't even complain about the size of the kitchen, he just worked.