Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen

-

I didn't sleep that night, barely at all. There was too much anxiety filling up, blocking my lungs from air.

I'd had enough of the tossing and rustling beneath the sheets so I stood up and walked right out of the room and into the living space.

My throat was a bit sore so I filled up a glass with ice water and sipped it slowly. Leaning back against the hard cold counter top, I thought that I had heard my voice from far away.

"Harry,"

It wasn't a voice I recognized right off the bat, but it was definitely one I didn't want to hear.

I decided to investigate and walked closer to where I thought I heard it coming from. I found that my name was being called from off the patio, and even though I did not want to slide open the door and speak to the person sitting stiffly on the yard chair, but I did, brainwashed.

"You did this, Harry.."

"I- I don't know what you're talking of, Z-Zayn." My voice shook and my stomach spun.

"You killed me," His voice sounded like nothin more than a quick breath.

"I didn't-"

"Don't push it away, Harry. The night you were bit, the night I jumped at you, you had returned the favor."

"I don't know what you're talking about." I stood up straight, standing my ground.

"Perhaps, you'd like to take a look?" Zayn said, he hadn't even looked at me standing behind him since I walked out to the balcony until now, holding out his hand for me to take.

Again, I didn't want to take it, I didn't want to go with him but ended up grabbing it anyway because I wasn't in control of my mind right now, it seemed that he was.

Once placing my fingers onto his, there was a slight flash and suddenly we were standing square in the woods.

"What are we doing he-" I start, but he stops me with a hush.

"Just watch,"

I do as I am told, staring at the scene in front of me. It's me, werewolf me, dashing past trees into what seemed to be werewolf Zayn.

It's late at night, stars are peering through the trees branches that rest just above a horror act, of me jumping onto Zayn's back and clawing at the flesh.

He howls with pain, and tries to fight back but I seem to be in control of him.

It's hard to believe that in this moment I am watching my own self brutally beat someone who is meant to be a friend, ripping his skin and pushing him into trees and banging his head against them.

The pain I was causing him really hit me hard. It was all pretty bad until the end, where terrifying didn't even come close to a accurate description.

I then took my claws and slashed his throat, black blood squirted out from beneath his chin as he fell to the rough forest floor.

"Did I just-"

Zayn stops me again. "Yes."

"But couldn't you heal yourself?"

"Not when the damage is this bad. A slash to the throats cannot be helped when it immediately stops your breathing and you're not alive to heal yourself."

"This isn't real," I felt tears coming really quick. "I don't remember this, it couldn't have happened."

"It's difficult for human memory to maintain something that was recorded with a werewolf's mind, so I wouldn't expect you to remember." Zayn said. How was he staying so completely calm? Does he not realize that the both of us just witnessed me killing him?