Chapter Twenty Five

-

It was January and the cereal I had that morning was good as fuck. So was the weather outside, that was good as fuck too. Everything was just good as fuck since everything in our lives have just exploded; there wasn't a single flaw in my life right now because I had a career, and I also had a true love.

Louis sat next to me, he had tired eyes and limp muscles. The weird thing was that every morning he looked tired and was able to pull off a sleepy expression, though had never slept.

Niall was still sleeping and Liam was in the living space when we heard a knock on the door. "I'll get it," Liam chimed as he hopped off of the sofa and walked to the front door.

I couldn't see the door from the spot I sat, but I could hear what was going on. "Mum, Dad? What're you doing?" Liam seemed surprised. I got off of the stool and stepped to the corner to hear more closely and clearly.

"We just wanted to visit! Wanted to say 'hello' and also look around London a bit!" His mum seemed very enthusiastic.

"How're you doing, lad?" His fathers voice was deep and unrelenting.

"I'm fine, but we are all sort of busy right now." He was obviously lying, trying to get them out for some reason.

I heard heavy footsteps across the hardwood as he looked around. I quietly stepped around and back to the counter next to Louis. That's when I remembered what Liam had said about his father knowing something, knowing we were no good, and wanting him to have nothing to do with us.

Liam's dad began whispering, but I was still able to hear. He had pulled Liam aside and was speaking very solemnly.

"I feel it, Liam, there's voices saying that there's something here that's no good, no good at all Liam. It's one of them. Maybe more."

"Dad, stop. There's no spirits or demons anywhere around me. They don't exist."

"No, no, no- I feel it, they're going to hurt you, you shouldn't be with these people. Not people, these.. demons of sort."

Louis leaned closer to me. "What are they saying?"

"Shh.." I put my index finger up to silence him.

"I think it's best if you leave now, please." Liam was quite confident.

"I don't want you getting hurt-"

"And I won't." He interrupted his father. "But it's time that you leave."

His dad sort of pushed Liam aside and went a few steps into the living space, where we were visible. He gave us a distinct look.

I hid my head. Louis did the opposite and turned right in his direction and waved. "Hi!"

Jesus Christ he was a fucking idiot. I kicked him in the shin.

All Liam's dad did was slightly grin without emotion and then walk back to the entrance, clutching his wife and then opening the door for himself. "Just remember what I said. Love you."

Liam nodded as they walked out, then irritatedly slammed the door.

"I hate them so much."

I got up and went to his side. "He's not gonna tell anybody, right? Like, call the hunters or anything?"

"I don't know." He folded his arms. "We will just have to keep him away from you."

I agreed, then went to the bedroom to get freshed up and ready for today.

-

We all went out to go to lunch, Niall literally got on his knees and begged us like it was life or death to go to Nando's, so we were going to Nando's apparently.