Bonfire Night (Modern AU) (Sting x Reader)

Ideas/Requested by: mangosrbae

--To people who are unfamiliar with English history, Bonfire Night is basically a night on the 5th of November where we set off a load of fireworks. This is because some Guy (Fawkes) tried to blow up the Houses of Parliament--

"Y/N are you ready yet?!" Sting called up to you. He was waiting by the front door, impatiently tapping his keys on the side. You were still upstairs, shoving everything you could, mostly snacks, into a small bag of yours. 

"Nearly!" You shouted down, shoving the last pack of crisps into the bag and zipping it shut. You slung it over your shoulder and ran down the stairs. 

Bonfire Night was one of your favourites but you never got to go to any of the displays. Sting also loved Bonfire Night - even more than you - and he always went to the displays. He had planned something very special for this night but you had no idea what it could be, just going to the display was enough for you. 

"Okay, you can open your eyes now," Sting said. He had made you close your eyes for the entire journey until you arrived, this drove you mad but you did it. You had opened your eyes to the already setting sun. You weren't anywhere near the display but you would see everything that would happen from your little perch. 

No words could be formed to how beautiful it looked. You could only stare at Sting to the view. He chuckled at your expression. Lifting up the bag from the back of the car, he took out some snacks and handed you them. You started munching and nothing was said between you as you waited for the first firework to go off. 

The first time made you jump at the loud bang that went off. But then you relaxed at all of the bright colours shooting into the night sky. It was like this for a while. Your eyes twinkled at the fireworks and you were so interested at them that you hardly noticed what Sting was doing. He wasn't looking at the fireworks at all, no, he was staring at you. 

He thought that you were more beautiful than any firework going off that night.