The Witching Hour (Erza x Reader)

Ideas/Requested by: quartzgemz

Staring up at the ceiling wasn't fun, especially when it was dark and nothing could be seen. The room was deathly quiet except from the soft breathing of Erza who was laying next to you. You could just make out her dark form throughout all of the shadows. She looked so peaceful. 

You had no idea how you were awake, maybe you just woke up in the night? Was it a nightmare but you forgot what it was? 

It was probably a nightmare - you had been getting many of those recently. Luckily, you couldn't remember most of them. But the ones you did remember, you woke up in a cold sweat and Erza had to comfort you. 

The more you lay awake, the more your mind seemed to play tricks on you. Small sounds could be heard, at some point you thought that you heard footsteps echo through the house. The shadows started to move, contorting themselves into horrifying faces. It was the witching hour no doubt. A time when everything evil was about - you tried to ignore this but the paranoia gnawed away at you.

Soon, it got too much so you rolled over and tapped Erza on the shoulder. It was a light tap but then again Erza was a light sleeper so it was enough to wake her up. 

She turned over to face you, her eyes only barely open, her mouth slightly agape. 

"Y/N?" She whispered, "what is it?" 

"I can't sleep. I keep seeing things," you replied, "keep me safe?" 

Erza shifted herself onto her elbow and pulled you closer with her free arm. You snuggled close to her, knowing that she would keep you safe. 

"Do you feel safe yet?" She asked. 

"I don't know. Do you feel like you're keeping me safe?" 

She sighed playfully but rolled you over onto your back. You stared up into her eyes. She was close enough so that you could see her even though it was dark. You felt your cheeks flush as she stared intently at you. Then she leaned closer...

Her soft lips were placed on yours and they started moving together. She pulled away from you and smiled down at you, "how about now?" 

A smirk appeared on your face and you had no idea if you could see it or not, "I think I need more convincing." 

She left soft kisses trailing up your neck, along your jawline and then to your mouth. Each one was filled with passion and her love for you. 

--I don't know if this was okay!!! I don't have a lot of experience writing limes (and I know this is definitely not one) and I'm way too uncomfortable writing lemons. I'll try to work more on my lime skill (does that make sense? Should I call it my lime squeezing skill. haha. what am I doing? I'll just stop here, I'm glad no one reads this bit--