I Can Do It Too! (Teenage!Laxus x Child!Reader)

Ideas/Requested by: KaliHollman

"Laxus!" You screamed as you saw him enter the guild hall. 

You had been waiting a long time for your best friend, Laxus, to return from the job he just went on. Being the age that you were, you couldn't go on jobs yet which annoyed you greatly. Anytime you asked to go with Laxus, Makarov gave you that look and shook his head.

You saw him look up with his head of messy, electric blond hair and headphones. He smiled when he saw you and joined you at the table where you were frantically jumping up and down to get his attention. 

"Hey, Y/N," he said.

You glared at him, "what was that?! You ditched me for two days!"

He chuckled at your expression and pushed you back down into the chair. "It was harder than I expected," he admitted. 

"Then take me with you," you pleaded, "I've been training hard, on the things you taught me." 

He raised his eyebrows, "really? Are you strong enough to beat me now?" 

You smiled slyly, "I'll beat you outside." 

With that, you took off into a sprint to get to the doors leading outside. You were determined to get there first but something, or someone, swept you off your feet. Literally. In one swift movement, Laxus had picked you up and held you in his arms while he walked outside. 

He set you down on the grass outside, under the shade of a tree while you glared at him. 

"That wasn't fair, Laxus," you whined. 

He shrugged and sat at the base of the tree, now looking up at you. You sighed and sat down next to him, picking at the grass. 

Laxus nudged you with his elbow, "you good?" 

You nodded, "I will beat you one day."

Laxus ruffled your hair and then laughed when you swatted his hand away. "Show me what you can do then," he said. 

Your eyes lit up, "really?" 

"Yeah, go for it." 

You practically jumped up and then stood in front of Laxus. Taking a deep breath, you relaxed yourself entirely and waited. You felt something tingle and prick your fingers. Opening your eyes and observing your hands, you saw the spark of electricity. You started smiling like an idiot while Laxus nodded in approval. 

Concentrating even more, you worked on the spark so that it was now buzzing in your hands. Then, with all the strength you could muster, you fired it into the distance where it sparkled and then fizzed away. You wondered where it had gone but then you looked back at Laxus and smiled. 

"Getting good there," he said.

"So will I be able to go on jobs soon?" You asked eagerly.

"Not yet, you need more training. But if you want to be like me, then you'll be one of the best." 

You sat back next you him under the tree and yawned. He pulled you into a hug and you fell asleep under the tree. Training took a lot out of you. 

When you woke up, you cursed yourself for falling asleep - Laxus had to carry you in.

--I hope this was okay, you said to surprise you and this was the idea I had!--

Fairy Tail x Reader Oneshotsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें