Chapter - 23

Samiara was busy cooking while Akshat cleaned the hall but he was scared from inside to face the lioness, while Samiara was seething internally because of his negligence. After thirty minutes dinner was ready and she set two plates and seated herself and glared at Akshat who opened his mouth to talk but seeing her glare he shut his mouth with an audible click and served himself and started having dinner like a good boy which made her smile but she hid it before he can notice it.

After an hour they settled themselves in the lounge with drinks, she was waiting patiently for him to explain the reasons for his actions while he was avoiding her gaze and at last her patience snapped.

"What do you have to explain about yourself to us for this Mr Singhania, do you even know what is the condition of our family and friends while here you avoiding the outside world drank yourself to oblivious," Samaira snapped at him.

"I'm sorry Samiara," Akshat said while he bowed down his head.

"Your sorry doesn't make their or my situation any better Akshat, do you even know what was my condition in these days?" She asked defeatedly while he felt a pinch at his heart.

"I didn't tell you my past completely that day Samiara, there was something which I kept hidden from you," He said and she was shocked and felt betrayed but why? She doesn't know.

"What do you mean by that?" She asked with a blank voice.

"After Aarti's cremation was done, I wanted to punish the van driver, so I asked a private detective to find the information about the accident to know whether it was a mistake or done unwantedly, and what I came to know made me feel betrayed and broken-" He stopped in middle as a lump formed in his throat, she wanted to console him but she kept her distance.

"Then what happened?" She asked him.

"What Aarti never informed me was my friend Yash was bugging her to marry him as he was obsessed with her but she rejected him from time to time and when he came to know that she accepted my proposal, he in his madness he killed her, that van was his and he was the one who was driving it and when Aarti was in her last breaths, she took a promise for me to leave her in past and move on and that it was her fault in crossing the road and not the driver's," Akshat continued and she had hunch of what happened in last few days, she went towards him and took him into her embrace to soothe him from pain and guilt of not punishing the person who was responsible for his love's death.

"Akshat, you should be proud of yourself that you kept a promise that you made to a person who is no more in this world, in reality, anyone is breaking their promises that are made to the people who are alive and I assure you that wherever Aarti is she is proud of you, now what made you remember all this?" Samiara asked even though she knows what is coming next.

"That day as I promised I never punished Yash but when I went to attend the meeting I saw him there with a girl being happy and jovial which made me angry and guilty for not punishing him for snatching Aarti and I immediately left from there ordering my P.A to handle the meeting and I drowned myself in drinks and I lost the time which made me ignore you and everyone's calls and messages and I'm very guilty for doing that," Akshat said and she felt bad to see him like that.

"Akshat now you can't bring back Aarti but you can make her happy by letting guilt and sadness of her missing in your life, I'm bot saying it is easy to let go of her because I know how painful it is but if you don't take the first step of doing that it can never be achieved by you," Samaira explained to him patiently.

"I'm sorry that I hid this from you and made you worried Samiara but that time I couldn't think straight and I did all this and I promise you that I will never repeat anything like this again. I also promise you that I will start trying to come out of this guilt and sadness," Akshat promised her which brought a smile to her lips.

"I can understand why you hid it but I want you to share everything with me from now onwards and I will be by your side to help you, as your girlfriend, it is my promise, now you should go to sleep and in the morning we are going to call out the family to let them know you are fine and you will be the one to give them the reason for your actions," Samiara said and he nodded his head.

"Goodnight Samiara," He said kissing her forehead.

"Goodnight Akshat," She said kissing his cheek with a smile and they both walked to his bedroom and guest room respectively.

Once Akshat reached his room he fell on the bed with a smile and fell asleep immediately but Samiara stood near the window in deep thinking. She immediately took her phone to call.

"Hello, It is Samaira," She said with authority.

"Hello, Mam what can I do for you?" The person asked.

"Alexander, I want each and every detail, both personal and professional about the person named Yash Ahuja in 48 hours and I want proofs about his illegal dealings if there are any and evidence for his crimes he committed in 7 days no matter what," She ordered him with warning underlying in her tone.

"It will be done Mam," Alexander said and she hung up the call after talking few more minutes.

"I know Akshat, you may like me and there is a chance that we both are falling in love with each other, but even today you love Aarti and the guilt of not punishing her culprit is weakening you from inside and the sadness of her loss is diminishing from your heart but it is still present in you but once the guilt washes from you when you will punish her culprit, and I promise you that as your friend and girlfriend I will help you punish the culprit, you promised Aarti of not punishing Yash but I did not and I promise to punish Yash no matter what it takes," Samiara promised herself in her heart and retired for night.

Hello guys, How are you all? I'm sorry for the delay in updating my story but I list one of the persons, that is my grandmother who was close to my heart and it took me these many days to get better and get grip on myself and my heart.

From now onwards the updates will be regular and I hope this chapter is up to your expectations.

Thank you for your likes and comments and waiting for my story further updates.