Rivalries ? // Pt. 1

It wasn't easy being born into a royal family without having the fear of getting betrayed upon by one of the other kingdoms. Soft , pleasant music were replaced by dreaded yells and cries of the people residing within-the thought of a war always sparked one.

Upon the death of my father , the whole kingdom was replaced upon my limp shoulders , changing my innocent life within an instant since I was forced to put on a tough exterior.

I woke up one fine morning , the silk robe dangled across my shoulders before cascading down to the floor , my body submerged into cold waters as the maids did their job of cleaning me up , soon enough clothing me with one of the finest textiles.

"The advisor is here to see you my Queen." Katrina , the lady-in-waiting spoke. Her hands managed to zip up the dress from the back , dusting off any residues left behind.

I nodded in reply , following her lead towards my throne as the advisor stood forth before me , waiting patiently for me to take my seat.
"Your Highness , unfortunately we have some bad news." He said. My silence asked him to process further on.

"As you know we've been in conflict with the Eastern Empire for quite some time. Although , I'm afraid we don't have enough resources or soldiers left behind." His voice gleamed with pure sorrow , the fear of our kingdom falling apart being prominent in his eyes.

"We'll have to surrender ourselves Your Highness." The advisor spoke , his head immediately fell down with shame.

The aura present in the court filled up with pure gloom along with chattering which soon seemed to cease with the rise of my hand , "The day I shall surrender is the day the sun stops rising."

I quickly arose from the throne before stomping my way out of the courthouse. The sound of the horses neighing were audible as I motioned of the chariot to arrive , immediately taking a seat in it , galloping towards the Northern Empire.

-

It took three hours of riding before I could see the Northern Empire down the valley.

My heart beat quickened once the doors of the Northern Palace swung open , welcoming me into their kingdom. My feet quickly shuffled into the palace as I demanded to be met with the King , my only hope being to unite with the neighbouring province.

"I demand to meet the king." I spoke , my eyes following along the various people accustomed within the court.

"Here I am." A voice called out , drawing my attention towards the boy seated upon the thrown , roughly around my age. "And I'd like to speak to the Queen." He scoffed , smiling proudly as his ministers laughed along with him.

"Where's your Queen , royal servant ?" He mocked once again , earning yet another round of laughter.

"I am , Queen Y/n." I said aloud , clear enough of the people attending at the court to hear. The chattering and tittering died down as silence surrounded us.

"I've come here to speak on behalf of my kingdom." The ministers along the with the King residing on his throne straightened up , adhering to my needs.

"My kingdom's in conflict with the Eastern Empire , accordingly our resources have been falling short. I've come to unite with your county , provided your kingdom and ours have the same rivalry." I spoke out.

The King pondered upon the offer , his slender fingers played with the bottom of his chin , "Fine , we accept thy offer." The highness said while I let out a deep exhale that was held back unknowingly.

"Although , we do have some certain ground rules , if you may ?" He snickered. His words somehow managed to provoke me easily , making me take a deep breath in to calm myself down.

I nudged my head slightly , permitting him to speak thereon.

"I'll need double the amount of the resources you provide." He stated , clearly putting off my mood.

"Well Your Highness , if I had double the amount of resources , I wouldn't be requesting for your aid." I snapped back , after all he's been my rival for years too.

Our long-lasting hatred seemed to have gotten its way in between our deals , putting an end to our little interactive session. "I don't suppose I can help you then." He said , leaning back into his throne.

My head immediately fell down in defeat as I turned my back against his , ready to depart.
"Your Highness , the advisory council would like to suggest something." Samuel , the King's fond minister spoke. "Your Majesties , there's no way for either kingdoms to win this war if we can't work together." He said , the rest of the jury nodded their heads in agreement.

"And by together you mean..?" The King trailed off , his eyes knitted together.

"Something that could possibly merge the resources equally between both the kingdoms." The minister set forth another offer , a sneaky smile accompanied his face.

"Something like what ?" I snarled back , praying to the Gods above to conclude the forum.

"A marriage alliance." The jury sang out in sync. My head snapped back to the king , baffled over the final verdict.

"Samuel !" The King yelled out while jumping from his seat , his eyes turning blood-shot red as he fumed with anger.

My mind attempted to scan through the numerous reasons not valid to accept the proposal , failing before the thoughts regarding my people.

The courthouse was filled with chattering once again until one of the many advisors decided to speak in union for the others , "We've finalised the decision being born upon and have come to the conclusion that it is , undoubtedly , for the betterment of our kingdom."

The King and I shared a troubled look before finally agreeing upon the horrific decision , settling on the verge of getting married for our provinces.