Secret Lover.

Requested by jujuonfire25

A knock on the door startled me as I quickly jumped forward , "Beth , your boyfriend's here." I said , leaning back down onto the couch as I anticipated she would answer the door.

"Get that for me , please ?" She said , her voice having egoism present in it.

I groaned while pulling myself off the couch before shuffling my feet into the slippers , quickly waddling as my eyes scanned the bathroom as I briefly watched Beth cake up her face. Classic.

I swung open the door to find my best friend's boyfriend , Colby Brock standing at the door step. His hand held a box of chocolates and a bouquet , all for his girl. Instead , his smile vanished away from his face for a quick second before returning back.

"Oh , Hey Y/n." He quickly came in for a side hug , considering the amount of items in his hand.

"Hey Colbs. Beth's in the bathroom." I replied back casually as I turned around my heel , returning back to my original spot- the couch.

"Hey babe." Colby's voice echoed through the apartment as he warmly greeted his girlfriend , a wet sloppy kiss was placed upon her cheeks as she giggled.

"I've got you flowers." I could imagine him biting his lip nervously while handing over the bouquet of daisies.

Any girl would be happy enough to have him in her life , and yet here I was , keeping my feelings contained as I couldn't afford losing my 'fake friendship'.

"Daisies ? Are you serious ?" Beth coughed out a laugh. "Oh I'm sorry honey. I'm just allergic to them." She lied.

Her foot pressed upon the trash bin , opening it up as she discarded his sign of love without any hesitation.

"Oh , I'm sorry love. I didn't know." Colby's voice overfilled with grieve over him not being able to understand his girlfriend.

My heart shattered watching her treat him this way , he truly didn't deserve it. All he deserved was utmost love and affection , showering over him. He deserved to be with someone who made him happy , who knew him well. Someone like me.

"It's okay , just get something better the next time." She scoffed while exiting the bathroom , Colby following shortly behind her into one of the rooms like a lost puppy.

"You know what , I don't feel like going out today. I've just been feeling sick." She let out a loud cough before quickly falling over the bed. "I think I'll rest for a while." Her eyelids fluttered close , feigning a horrible headache.

"Oh my- is there anything you want me to do ? Should I run to the store ?" Colby asked as he immediately rushed to her side , placing his hand over her forehead to check if she had an upcoming fever.

"Oh no no , that's alright. I'd like to be left alone for a while." Beth falsified , throwing in a few more coughs to make it realistic.

"Sure..just , get well soon baby." He muttered as he closed the door behind him. His shoulders drooped forward as he walked out the front door , flashing his beautiful smile to me before returning back home.

After a good fifteen minutes , Beth's bedroom swung open as she quickly walked out into the living room. A backless dress perfectly fitted over her curves , her makeup all well done as she let her hair fall down.

"I thought you were sick." I mumbled , still not believing the sight before my eyes.

"Eh , I wasn't when he walked in. Anyways , I'm going out with Lucas." She said nonchalantly. "If Colby returns back just tell him that I'm visiting the doctor."

My mouth fell open , still not quite understanding why was this taking place. "Do you not love him ?" I asked her , my heart thumping rapidly since I was too afraid for the reply back.

"No honey. He was fun at the beginning but now , he's just not my type." She quickly flipped her hair , providing it with immense volume before heading out the door.

Why was this happening to him ? He truly did not deserve this. He was currently at home , praying over her forged illness while she was partying out with some random guy.

I quickly grabbed onto my purse and made my way out the door , my engine roared as I drove to his house. The sky was filled with grey clouds as they bashed together , creating a spark before raining down heavily.

My wheels screeched as I pulled over to his house , running quickly as I had to cross a few streets. The rain completely drenching my clothes within the few seconds as I made my way over to his house , kindly knocking on the door.

Loud thuds approached towards the front door as Colby opened it up widely ,welcoming me in with a giant smile. "Hey y/n , is everything alright ?" He asked.

"Colbs , there's something I have to tell you." I said , clearly not wasting any minute of Beth trying to deceive him. His head moved forward , asking me to continue as he lead me towards his couch.

"Wait." His foot rapidly moved to his bedroom as he picked out one of the comfiest hoodies and handing it over to me. "You should change , you'll catch a cold too." His back turned towards me , providing me with the privacy to change.

"All done." My cheeks flushed into a pink stain , his cheeks copying the same too.

"What's up ?" He took a seat down next to me , his brows wiggling up and down as I let out a tired smile , feeling extremely guilty to break the news forth him.

"Beth isn't sick.." I said , his eyes softened up as he let out a deep sigh. "No Colby , you don't understand. She was never sick in the first place." I bluntly spoke out , watching his eyebrows scrunch up.

"What do you mean..?" He whispered back , taking a big gulp down his throat.

I felt my vocal cords give up on me , my throat tightened itself as I saw fear gleaming through his eyes.

"She's been hanging out with this guy named Lucas lately.." I watched as his eyes teared up , soon realising what I've been meaning to say. "I'm sorry Colbs." My hand flew over to his shoulder , rubbing it gently.

"But I thought she loved me.." his voice trembled at the sound of his heart breaking. "Why did she do this ?" He asked me.

"I'm not sure Colby but honestly , she truly never deserved you." I spoke out , gaining some form of confidence through the middle of it.

"You're meant to be showered with love , to have that somebody who could give their entire world to you." I said , my fingers travelled through his hair , ruffling it slightly as I watched a smile peek through his lips.

"Who could that someone be ?" He asked me tiredly , his ocean blue eyes staring deep into mine.

"I'm afraid I don't know Colbs , but trust me you will." I assured him.

My heart split into two , knowing it would never be possible to get a guy like him. Maybe it was the best to remain as friends ?

"Um..maybe I'm looking at her ?" He bit his lip nervously , his eyes squinting as he looked out for my approval.

I could surely say , I was taken aback but soon relaxed as I smiled wide , finally being loved by someone I loved the most.

"Most definitely you are." I replied back. He licked his lips wet as he leaned in for a kiss , his eyes focused upon my lips as he marked his target by placing a soft but firm kiss on my lips , claiming me his.