Chapter 2

Katniss

The small cell is cold. It's white and shiny and too perfect. For a second you'd forget you were actually being held prisoner. The white walls and floor were spotless. These must be new or something. The shiny floor is freezing. I'm cuffed to the wall, the chain being about 6 feet long. I can stand up, but there's not a point in doing that.

The boredom drives me insane. There's nothing to do except play out how I got here. I shot the Forcefield with my lightning arrow, and the whole arena malfunctioned. The dome began falling and there were hovercrafts everywhere. I was paralyzed. I couldn't move, I could only lay there on the jungle floor. A hovercraft plucked me out from the vegetation. I must have passed out or something, because it all goes black until I wake up again on the hovercraft. When I wake up, I immediately sit up, panicking. I don't know where I am or what has happened to me. I'm so weak.
"She's awake!" I hear a voice say.
I hear moving around, and I turn my head to see what it is. Guards. One man with gray hair expertly cuffs me and then they're taking me to a room. Once they cuff me, I know something's wrong. This can't be a rebel hovercraft. While they're taking me wherever they're taking me, I look at one of the men's uniform. It's white, it's pure. And then I see it... The Capitol seal. I almost vomit. I know I'm on a Capitol hovercraft. I know they're going to kill me. I try to speak.
"Shut up!" One of the guards says to me. I have no choice but to do so.

When we get to the room they undo the handcuffs. I'm so weak, and I feel so helpless I don't do anything when they do. All of a sudden, I've realized I let them strap me down. I'm on a cold, hard stainless steel surface. On a Capitol Hovercraft. Great, just great.

The adrenaline is starting to rush through my veins. I don't know what to do. I'm helpless! I'm hopeless.

Another man comes in the room where I'm struggling against my restraints. He walks over to a white counter and picks up a needle syringe filled with a lavender liquid. My heart beats faster and faster, and I'm trying as hard as I can to get out of the straps. The man is nearing me. I'm hoping against hope I can get out of this situation. But I can't..

The man is right next to me now. And I'm afraid. I'm afraid that this is it, and that this is the end of me. The end of the Mockingjay. I feel my eyes burn with tears, but I blink them away. I have to be strong. I have to finish this life strong. The needle is about to go into my neck when the man says,
"Night, Mockingjay."
I look him dead in the eyes as the needle goes into my neck. Fearing this is the end, I manage one last sentence directed at the man.
"Go ahead and kill me... But if we burn, you burn with us."

And then the world slips away.

Goodnight.

And that's how I got to this white, cold cell in the Capitol. that's how I got to the real hell. I wish I was dead.

**sorry if this is short! Enjoy!**