Christmas Eve

I recommend listening to music in this chapter. You'll know when c:

~Spinner's End - December 24th - Friday Morning~

I woke up pretty cold the next morning and noticed why almost immediately. Severus had the entire blanket on his side of the bed. I yanked the blanket over myself in hopes that I could fall asleep again.

Severus woke up a minute later as I was about to fall asleep again and groaned at the cold feeling.

"(Y/N).. share the duvet please.." Severus sounded half awake at this point.

"No❤️" I replied cheekily.

Severus huffed and pulled the blanket back onto his side.

Jokes on him, if I can't fall asleep again, then he won't either.

I startled him by flinging myself perpendicularly across his stomach.

"(Y/N).. it's too early for this. Just.. come here.." Severus gave up and held the blanket up so that I could situate myself comfortably underneath it.

I knew I wouldn't be able to fall asleep again so I just lay there thinking about who knows what until Severus decided to get up. He placed a kiss on my forehead before walking over to his wardrobe to grab a change of clothes and then walked into the bathroom to get dressed for the day.

I did the same a couple minutes later and joined him in the kitchen shortly after.

"So what should we do today?" I asked Severus while grabbing the necessary items to make a sandwich.

"We could visit Diagon Alley if you'd like." He suggested while making his coffee.

"Sounds like a plan." I replied joyfully.

~Diagon Alley - Friday Afternoon~

Severus and I arrived at Diagon Alley a little later in the day than we had planned. But, to avoid the early shoppers, we thought it would be best to go later. The first place I wanted to check out was a new shop that had opened not too long ago. It was a shop that sold mainly muggle items. Severus agreed to go in with me to look around.

The shop wasn't too busy, which mean't that I could take a good look around at all the cool stuff they had here. There were a couple things that caught my eye, such as the round spinning plate in one of the display windows. I had seen a large version of it in the Great Hall during last year's dancing lesson's for the Yule Ball. Except this one didn't have the phonograph on it that amplifies the music.

"What have you found?" I heard Severus' voice from behind me.

"I found this record player. It plays vinyls that have music on them. I find it fascinating how muggles can record music on these flat tire-like plates. They can't even use spells to make these." I told Severus as I inspected it closer.

"Interesting." He replied, amused at my reaction to the object.

A little while later we split up for a tiny bit to check out specific stores we wanted to both visit. I was looking at some of the new gear in the quidditch supply store when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around and my mood went from good to bad instantly.

"What do you want Tyler." I said with venom in my voice.

"Damn. Not even a hello. I see." He replied with a scoff and an odd looking smirk.

"Why would you expect anything of the sort? You did nothing but make my life more difficult." I retorted before walking a bit further down the isle I was in.

Of course, Tyler followed me.

"I was merely sent to check on you and Snape. That's why I'm here." Tyler said.