Going Home

~Train Station - December 23rd - Monday at Noon~

(Y/N)'s POV:

I brought my small suitcase with me to the train and got into the 7th Year compartment. Severus sat in one of the front compartments to reduce suspicion. Once the train started moving, I pulled out my sketch pad and started a drawing. After those many hours in a small compartment, the train finally pulled into the station. I saw my mother outside who spotted me instantly. I stepped off the train with my things and walked over to her.

"Oh (Y/N), there you are! I was wondering when you'd show up." My mother hugged me.

Once she stepped back, she asked me,

"Where's Severus? I thought he was coming with you?"

"He is, but we decided to meet outside of the station." I replied.

She nodded in an understanding way as we made our way through the brick wall.

We made our way out of the station. Outside, I spotted Severus immediately, even though he didn't have his cloak on. He would draw too much attention if he wore it here.

"Mom." I said.

"Hm? Do you see him?" She asks me.

"Yeah, there." I pointed at Severus' back.

She looked shocked,

"That's Severus? Are you sure?" She asks me as we walk in his direction.

I tapped Severus' shoulder. He turned towards me and my mother abruptly. He regains his normal composure once he see's that it was just us.

"Hello again Severus! It's been quite a while since I've seen you." My mother gave him a smile.

"Indeed it has. Thank you for allowing me to stay with you this Christmas Mrs. (Y/L/N)." Severus gave a short smile, then went back to his normal resting face.

We talked a little bit on our way to my mothers car and then put our things in the back. Severus and I took a seat in the back and talked about our time at Hogwarts so far.

"So you're a Professor at Hogwarts now Severus? Congratulations!" My mother said as we were driving down a path that I recognized well.

"Yes, I had originally inquired with Professor Dumbledore about the Defense Against the Dark Arts position, but was granted the position as Potions Master instead." Severus explained.

Not even I knew that Severus had been gunning for the DADA position. To be honest, I didn't know he wanted to teach at all.

An hour later we pulled up to my house which was a little far from any villages or neighborhoods. Once we stepped out of the car, Severus looked around the area, probably remembering old memories from the past. I heard a squeal come from the front door which caught everyone's attention.

"Sissy's home!" I hear a familiar voice say.

My little brother, (B/N) came running towards me. I picked him up once he stopped in front of me.

"I missed you, you little bugger." I said, tickling him.

He laughed loudly as I did so. I stopped and let him down to let him breath and looked over at Severus who looked extremely confused. I walked to the trunk to get my luggage out, Severus doing the same. (B/N) ran around the car a bit and giggle as my mother picked him up and brought him inside.

"Yeah.. I guess I forgot to tell you that I had a brother. He was born after I had last seen you so you never met him." I explained.

"That seems to be quite a big detail to miss." I hear Severus reply in a way that was meant to tease me.