Epilogue

~Spinner's End - August 1st - Saturday Afternoon~

Your POV:

Elora turned 11 months old today, which I can not really wrap my mind around just yet. But she surprised both Severus and I when she decided to take her first steps while beginning to let go of the wooden chest in our bedroom.

"Severus! Severus look! She's trying to walk!" I was so happy that I was squealing out the words in excitement.

I could hear the bathroom door swing open abruptly, quick footsteps following immediately after. His expression when he entered the room and saw Elora slowly make her way towards me was priceless.

I stretched my arms out towards Elora while crouching down to meet her at eye level, though I think she heard Severus enter the room because she made a sharp 180 and began waddling over to Severus with a cheeky smile on her face. He knelt down to scoop her up once she reached him, causing Elora to half giggle half squealed as he lifted her off the ground with a laugh of his own.

"Wow, she totally left me hanging over here." I scoffed in a playful way and folded my arms in front of myself.

"Indeed she did. Here. Why don't you walk to your mother." Severus set Elora down and directed her towards me.

She began walking over towards me the moment Severus let go of her hands, giggling the whole way over. She made it but stumbled at the very end into my lap, followed by a loud and highly contagious laugh.

~Living Quarters - October 16th- Friday Afternoon~

I was spending some time showing Elora a bit of wandless magic on the sofa. She had managed to attempt wandless magic for the first time recently, which to Professor Dumbledore seemed quite normal based on her circumstances.

We found out about the wandless magic she could perform one morning in the Great Hall. She had apparently been able to flip a Ravenclaw boy's plate of pancakes onto their lap, causing syrup to stick all over his robes.

There were a few more occurrences that happened since that day, those including Elora growing a plant out of the top of Professor Sprout's hat, as well as turning a students practice potion into a balloon during Study Hall.

So now, I was showing her how to harmlessly use wandless magic in order to keep her from possibly causing damage or injury. She was giggling at the toy I was floating in front of her face. That is, until we heard the door open.

Severus walked in looking utterly done with teaching for the day and let himself fall onto the sofa beside us. His head was now hanging over the back of the sofa.

"What happened to you, grumpy?" I chuckled at his eye roll of a response before he replied,

"I am not grumpy."

"Sure you aren't." I smirked at this and turned my attention back towards Elora who began crawling across my lap towards Severus.

What she did next shocked both of us,

"Papa!"

Severus snapped his head and faced her with confused shock,

"Did she just-"

"She just called you papa! That's what I used to call my dad as a ki-" I stopped myself at the end in realization of who I was bringing up.

"Nevermind that. I'm just happy that she said her first word." I pushed away the bad memories and focused on the moment.

Severus sat up and placed Elora on his lap correctly before pointing at me,

"And this, is your mother."