Severus?

Severus' POV:

I watched as students talked amongst themselves. Many cheering once the feast appeared on their tables. The noise was nearly unbearable. I remembered my time here and realized,

'Nothing has changed..'

In that moment, Minerva insinuated quite an unnecessary conversation,

"How does it feel to be at Hogwarts once again, Severus?" She asked me.

"No different than when I attended as a student." I replied, looking over the crowd of attendees.

She didn't know in what way she should respond to my blatant response, so she decided to ask yet another undesired question,

"How are you doing after recent.. events?"

My expressionless face changed to a bothered and angered one.

"I wish to not discuss that.. Topic." I replied with gritted teeth.

"Forgive me for having asked, Severus.. Enjoy your evening." She regrettably tells me before finally leaving me to my dinner.

Already, Minerva has made my night a little less 'enjoyable'. As I eat my dinner, I raise my head once in a while to look at something other than my plate, waiting for the feast to conclude.

-After the Feast-

After all the dishes and utensils disappear from sight, Albus announces to all students that they will be lead by their prefects to their dormitories. Prefects will tell all students in the House the entry code to their respective Common Rooms. I sigh and stand up to lead both Slytherin Prefects to said Common Room.

Your POV:

As soon as Professor Dumbledore concluded the Feast, I decided I would go up to Severus after everyone was in the Common Room.

"(Y/N), lets go round up the Slytherins in front of the Hall." Lucas nudged my shoulder.

I nodded my head and followed him. Once all of them were rounded up, a familiar voice spoke from behind our group.

"Follow me." Severus says before making a 180 degree turn in the direction of the dungeons.

Once at the entrance to the Slytherin Common Room, he spoke the password,

"Parseltongue."

Lucas repeated loud enough for everyone to hear the password and how often the passwords would be changing. Everyone filed into the Common Room. I absolutely loved this place. Being that it was under the surface of the Black Lake. I even caught a glimpse of the Giant Squid once. I couldn't stop talking about it for days with Severus. Speaking of Severus, I watched as he walked to the front of the mass of Slytherin students and began speaking.

"Follow Mr. Fenrod to the Boys' Dormitory and Mrs. (Y/L/N) to the Girls' Dormitory." He spoke as he gestured to each of us.

It seems he remembers me, although he doesn't act like he's pleased to see me. I lead all the girls to each of their years' dorms and then made my way back to the Common Room where Lucas was sitting on the sofa.

"It's so nice to be back, isn't it (Y/N)?" Lucas asked me as he reclined back into the chair.

"Yeah, it is. Hey.. did you recognize our new Potions Master and Head of House at all?" I asked Lucas.

"No, why?" He replied, craning his neck in my direction.

"That's Severus, my best friend from just over 2 years ago." I told him after I made sure no one was around to hear.

Lucas' eyes widened as he replied,

"You're kidding!? That grumpy looking man? He must be.. what? 21 now or something? He's only 3 years older than us!?" Lucas replied with many questions.

"Yeah, I believe he's around that age.." I answered.

"Was he always that depressed looking? He asked me, trying to stop from laughing.

"No.. although he didn't often show his happiness, he never acted this sad since.." I cut off my sentence with a thought.

Could he be like this because of Lily? Oh god I feel terrible for him.

"Since..?" Lucas asked me to continue.

"Since Lily.." I finished.

"Wait, Lily? As in Lily Potter!? You both knew her?" He asked me in shock.

"Yeah, she was Severus' first friend and was actually the one who introduced me to Severus. Lily was so sweet, but so blind to the fact that James Potter was a terrible person." I scowled at the thought of that brute.

"Wow, I honestly thought he was a vampire or something like that based on his fashion choice and hair." Lucas chuckled.

I grinned a small bit.

"I guess it seems that way doesn't it?" I replied before deciding to go to sleep for the night.