Unexpected

~D.A.D.A. Classroom - September 2nd - Thursday Morning~

Your POV:

The first class of the term had just come to an end. Callaghan and I had taken the time to introduce ourselves and truly get to know some of the students we'd be working with this year. This was the same for ever rotation that day. At the end of said day, Callaghan and I decided to clean up the classroom a bit. It seemed like no one had tidied it since last term. We talked about things like Quidditch and Deuling and then about Potion Making.

"Professor Snape is quite mysterious isn't he?" Callaghan asked me.

"Well, yeah. He seems that way to most students and maybe some teachers as well. But I've known him since my first year at Hogwarts, so he doesn't come across that way to me." I explained to him.

"I understand. I could tell he was the quiet type while I still attended Hogwarts. He was always either reading a book or sticking with you." Callaghan pointed out.

"Yeah, Severus was my best friend during school. I hadn't seen him in quite some time until the beginning of last term." I told him.

There was a bit of silence before Callaghan recalled another memory,

"I remember when the two of you were no less than a head shorter than me. Now you're my height and Severus is taller!"

"Yeah, he changed a lot. Height, voice, looks like a bat with that long black cloak." I joked, to which I got a chuckle in response from Callaghan.

"It's a shame that he portrays this disgruntled personality to everyone he comes across. He's honestly quite attractive if I might say." I almost lost it once I heard what Callaghan had said, but kept my composure.

"Really?" I asked with an open mouthed grin.

"Well, yes. I've always had a type. He just happens to match it well. And I always like a bit of a challenge in getting someone to open themselves up to me." Callaghan responded, seeming like he was off in his own thoughts after the fact.

I smiled at this and thought if I should break the news about mine and Severus' relationship.

'Why can I picture them together?' I thought to myself.

I mean, Callaghan and I get along well and have similar personalities, so maybe that's why.

After thinking a while I decided it would be best if I told Callaghan that Severus and I were already together. I don't want him to develope false hope.

"Callaghan?" I asked after I had finished cleaning the last desk.

"Yes, (Y/N)?" Callaghan responded.

"I just wanted to let you know that.. Severus and I are actually together." I spit out after hesitating slightly.

"Oh! I'm honestly not surprised. I hope what I said didn't make you uncomfortable." Callaghan asked.

"Oh no, not at all! To be honest, if I knew for sure whether Severus has had any interest in men, you would probably be his type." I responded truthfully, to which Callaghan chuckled in response,

"You really think so?"

"I mean, yeah. Our personalities are pretty similar." I told him.

"I believe you have a point there. But I just want to make sure that you know I wouldn't try anything. I respect the fact that the both of you are already together." Callaghan reassured me.

"I wouldn't think of you as the type who would. I trust you." I gave him a smile before grabbing my things and saying goodbye.

~Great Hall - September 2nd - Thursday Evening~