Jealousy

~Spinner's End - June 28th - Sunday Morning~

Your POV:

I woke up the next morning, feeling well rested. Eager to know what it was Severus had planned today, I turned onto my other side to see if he was still there or if he had left to go downstairs. To my surprise, he was still asleep. I smiled at this and decided to have a little fun in waking him up.

"Sevy.." I whispered into his ear.

He stirred slightly and then turned away from me, still fully asleep. I huffed and crossed my arms at the failed attempt in waking him up. Deciding that waking him up would be no use, I just got up to get dressed. After that, I made my way downstairs and looked for something to make us for breakfast.

Severus' POV: (Ik it's been a while..)

I woke up to the sound of an unnecessarily loud crow. I attempted to block out the sound in order to rest my eyes a short while, but to no avail, the crow cawed louder. I threw my pillow aside and only then realized that I was alone in the room. Odd.

After having changed into attire suitable for the day, I made my way downstairs to be met with a pleasant aroma. Turning the corner, I saw (Y/N) standing at the stove, preparing breakfast.

"Good morning." I greeted her as I made my way over to her.

"Morning. I hope you like hash browns with egg, because that's what I'm making." She replied while keeping her focus on the stove.

"I don't believe I've ever had hash browns before. The name sounds rather American." I asked her.

"That's because it is." She replied with a smile.

I watched her prepare the food for a couple minutes before the silence was broken.

"Severus, since it is now technically tomorrow from last night, could you tell me what it is we have to attend?" She asked me curiously while plating the food.

"Yes, I believe now is a good time to explain." I sat down with (Y/N) at a small table in the kitchen before continuing my explanation,

"We are going to attend a dinner with the Malfoy's."

"What? Why?" (Y/N) looked very much confused at my statement.

"The Malfoy's often have dinner's like these with either relatives or close friends of theirs. I attend these merely because I have to." I explained.

"And why is that?" (Y/N) asked me, seeming more interested about this dinner than before.

"Because I am their son's godfather." I responded before continuing to eat my breakfast.

"Seriously!? I'd never expected you to be the godfather type." (Y/N) chuckled at my previous response.

"Well believe it or not, I am. Which means we will need to attend this dinner." I replied.

"I guess that means I'll need something formal to wear right? I can make a quick trip home then. I have a dress or two in my closet that might work." She offered.

I nodded in response before the two of us continued eating in silence. A thought came to mind when I had finished my breakfast. It was about something I believed would be very useful for today. I gestured for (Y/N) to follow me upstairs before making my way towards my bedroom. I walked towards the chest that sat under the only window in the room and inhaled before opening it. Dust flew around as the heavy lid creaked open.

"What are you doing Sev?" (Y/N) asked me.

"I have something that I believe may come in use tonight." I replied before pulling out what I had been looking for.