Shocking Revelations

~Great Hall - January 1st - Wednesday Morning~

Your POV:

In the Great Hall, people were gathered for the celebration of the Tri-Wizard Tournament. I was seated with Lucas when Professor Dumbledore stood up. It became quiet as he began speaking.

"It is with great happiness that I announce the end to another Tri-Wizard Tournament! I would like to congratulate all three Champions for completing all tasks up until the very end with large amounts of diligence and bravery!" Professor Dumbledore announced, causing cheers to erupt before he had finished his statement.

"I would like to congratulate this years Tri-Wizard Cup Champion! (Y/N) (Y/L/N)!" Cheers roared and echoed throughout the Great Hall.

I smiled at Severus who for once didn't have a constant frown on his face. He gave me a glimpse of a smile before his flat expression returned. Typical Severus.

Once the Feast had finished, the two schools had to leave already. I was in the Astronomy Tower by myself and watched as the Beauxbatons carriages took off away from the castle and the Durmstrang ship disappeared under the water.

I was snapped out of my daze once I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned to see Severus standing there. I smiled and tilted my head to let him know to stand next to me. I was leaning against the railing of the astronomy tower while Severus stood next to me with his hands behind his back. The silence was broken when we both began to speak at the same time. We stopped and chuckled a little.

"Please, continue." Severus said.

I smiled and began speaking,

"I'd like to thank you for saving me yesterday. If you hadn't known the counter curse, I would have died." I said.

"It's ironic in a way. Me saving you from a curse that I created in the first place." He muttered, causing my eyes to widen.

"Wait what!?" I exclaimed.

"The Advanced Potion Making book you have. I wrote in it. Those notes you see. I wrote all of them in my time here as a student." He explained.

"I can't believe it. Wait, so you're the Half-Blood Prince!?" I asked excitedly.

"Yes. I am the Half-Blood Prince." He sighed.

"You don't seem very happy." I stated.

He exhaled and explained why he was upset,

"That Durmstrang boy. The one who used that wretched curse on you. He only knew the spell because his Headmaster told him. And his Headmaster knew because.. I told him." Severus explained to me.

"Why would you tell the Headmaster of Durmstrang about a deadly curse right before the Tri-Wizard Tournament?" I asked.

"It is much more complicated than you may believe. I am not able to delve further into the topic." He told me.

"Alright then. Maybe another time." I sighed out as I watched the sun glisten on the surface of the Black Lake.

As we were standing there in a comfortable silence, Severus groaned in what sounded like pain and leaned over the railing.

"Severus? What's wrong?" I ask as I place a hand on his shoulder.

He shoved my hand away, telling me weakly to back away. I didn't listen. I reached out for him again. All of a sudden, the feeling of being flung around appeared in my stomach. What was going on!? Once the feeling went away, I took in my surroundings. I wasn't in the Astronomy Tower anymore. I was now standing in a dimly lit hallway. I turned to see Severus look at me with a look of horror.