1am Talk

~Quidditch Pitch - November 17th - Sunday Afternoon~

Severus' POV:

There was a point during the match where I couldn't stand to sit still any longer. I excused myself to walk along the lower levels of the stands in order to calm my nerves. The sudden gasps from the crowd worried me. Finding the nearest window outcropping, I peered up only to see (Y/N) hanging from her damaged and splintered broom.

She managed to dodged the bludger once more, but got distracted by the catching of the snitch. The bludger corrected it's course to target her yet again. Without knowing why, something in my mind willed me to call out to her as a warning,

"(Y/N)!"

Unfortunately, it was no use. I watched in horror as the bludger hit her in the arm.

She yelled out in pain, now only hanging by one arm. I, along with Minerva and Albus made my way down to the field. I noticed that same red headed boy help (Y/N) down to the ground. I was not very fond of him. Once on the field, I froze at the sight of her eyes tearing up from the pain. (Y/N) looked over at my frozen form. She noticed my fear of picturing a much worse fate, which caused me to look away.

A little later in the Hospital Wing, the Slytherin Quidditch team and various Professors gathered in front of (Y/N)'s cot. An argument broke out, during which (Y/N) gave me a reassuring smile, which I just shook my head at and continued arguing with said Professors. I don't understand why she would smile at me after all we've argued about. Once the argument had gradually decreased in volume, the Seeker of the Slytherin Quidditch Team attempted to make (Y/N)'s motives for her dangerous stunt known and eventually convinced them to let her rest. Madam Pomfrey made sure we all left, and while leaving, I felt as though someone were staring into the back of my head. I was too focused on today's events to turn around.

-Sunday Night-

Your POV:

I couldn't sleep much and kept waking up every once in a while. It was only 1am, so I decided to just examine the room. I noticed a light from a wand light up the hall at the entrance of the Infirmary.

'Who could that be?'

My questions were answered when I saw the very familiar black haired Professor enter the Infirmary and swiftly walk over to me. He walks in a way that is somewhat, majestic? His way of walking made people probably think he was just floating because of his long robes. It definitely made me smile for a second even though I was in pain. Once he was within earshot, I asked,

"What brings you here, Severus?"

"You apparently, or do you think I have another reason for being in the Infirmary at one in the morning?" He stated rhetorically.

"Fair point." I responded as he stood at the foot of my cot.

"What's that in your hand?" I ask.

"Your Assignment for tomorrow's class." He replied, setting it on the nightstand beside me.

"Well that's boring. I thought you were here to see how I was doing." I said, making a face at the assignment.

"I can always give you more." He warned.

"No no! This is good!" I corrected myself.

There was silence for a couple seconds. Severus sighed whilst looking around the Infirmary for a chair. He grabbed one sitting next to another cot and brought it to mine. He then looked back towards me as he sat down.

"I'd like to apologize for my outburst during your detention.." Severus began, struggling to form the right apology.

I looked at him with a shocked but relieved expression. He continued,

"I should not have been aggressive towards you. I didn't realize until you almost fell how important you and your friendship is to me.." Severus confesses.

I blushed at his apology statement.

"Thank you for telling me this. It really means a lot to hear that from you." I smiled.

Severus' smile graced his face for only a split second before it disappeared again.

"Hey, was that you who yelled my name before I got hit by the bludger?" I asked.

Severus looked away for a second and then looked back.

"Yes, it was. How did you know?" He inquired.

"Your voice is quite recognizable. I knew it was you after I wasn't in shock anymore." I replied.

Another silence. I moved around to try and sit up, but a jolt of pain shot it's way through my arm.

"Does it hurt terribly?" Severus asked me.

"Only when I move it too much." I replied, now sitting with my legs crossed on the cot.

He nodded and looked around the Infirmary for a little bit. I reached over to drink some more of the bone growth potion Madam Pomfrey had given me earlier and gagged. Severus looked back and chuckled slightly.

Hearing him show the slightest bit of positive emotion made me smile.

Yet another silence filled the room, but not an awkward one this time. A comfortable one. A bit of movement caught my attention, causing me to look up at Severus.

"I best be going now. You should be resting instead of talking to me." He said as he began to stand up.

He put the chair back where he'd found it and awaited my response.

"Alright, I'll see you tomorrow Professor." I said.

He sighed and looked away briefly to think.

"It would be acceptable for you to call me Severus in private." He finally told me.

I smiled happily and replied,

"Thank you, Severus. Goodnight." I smiled at the fact that I could finally call him that again.

"Goodnight (Y/N)." He replied.

I watched as he walked out the doors of the Infirmary. His wand light fading slowly.