Quidditch Tryouts

~Great Hall - September 5th - Thursday Morning~

Your POV:

Today was Thursday. Finally! It was tryouts day and the day I'd finally get to have a chance to catch up with Severus. Maybe..

I was very lively at breakfast. Even Lucas noticed. The time flew by until it was time for Potions. I was very smiley, which even seemed to concern Severus. Once that class let out, I made my way to the Quidditch Pitch where Madam Hooch was waiting for all the students who were willing to try out.

"Good day Ms. (Y/L/N)! Back again for another round?" Madam Hooch inquired.

"Definitely! I am very excited." I replied, holding my broom.

"Alright everyone! As you all know, there will be tryouts testing your abilities in Quidditch. We will begin with weaving." Madam Hooch announced.

During the tryouts, we played against each other in two teams to test our abilities. In the end, I yet again snagged one of the three positions as Chaser and Lucas became one of two Beaters like before. We were all very happy and met up as we were packing our gear. Once I had finished gathering my things, I remembered my plan to hopefully catch up with Severus.

"Oh yeah! I have to go meet Severus now Lucas. I'll meet you in the Common Room later alright?" I told him as I finished packing my things.

"Yeah, sure! I'll see you later then." He replied.

I made my way to the dungeons and stopped outside the door to the Potions Classroom. I knocked on the door, hoping he would be there. There wasn't an answer. I opened the door a crack to see another door in the back of the room which was wide open. I went inside and walked over to it, trying to see if Severus was wherever the door lead to.

"What are you doing Ms. (Y/L/N)?" I heard that familiar voice say from behind me, startling me as I backed away from the door.

"Looking for you. I thought you might have been back wherever that door goes." I replied as Severus walked over to his desk where a stack of papers sat.

It seems that that door happened to only be a small storage room filled with potions ingredients.

"If you'd like to know, I'm happy to announce that I made the Quidditch Team again!" I smiled as I walked up to his desk.

He replied with a grunt as well as a slight frown as he stood in front of his desk, shuffling through the papers that were stacked on top of it.

"Are you not happy about that?" I said, tilting my head slightly.

My smile faltered a bit at his reaction.

"Quidditch is a very dangerous sport. I don't recommend such, activities." Severus looked over at me and then set down all the papers except one.

"Are you concerned about me getting hurt?" I teased.

He rolled his eyes at my attempt at teasing him.

"Not at all. I am merely making you aware of what circumstances you are exposing yourself to." He denies my previous statement.

I sighed and spoke again,

"Well, anywho.. I wanted to talk about what happened to you after you left Hogwarts. What did you do during that time?" I asked.

He seemed hesitant to answer, seeing as he stopped reading whatever was written on the page and stiffened up in his stance.

"I studied potions, amongst other things. I kept contact with Professor Dumbledore for a short while and ended up being granted a position as Potions Master." He summarized.

"You kept contact with Professor Dumbledore but not with me? That kind of hurts." I replied, feeling a bit upset now.

Severus looked away from me and returned to reading the paper. I huffed at this and decided to look around the classroom.

After a minute or so, Severus was still reading the paper, making me a little disappointed at the lack of 'catching up' that was going on.

"Why are you reading that right now, Severus?" I asked, causing him to flinch and whip his head in my direction.

"I thought I told you not to call me that anymore." He set the paper down and walked towards me.

"I would think in private it should be fine." I started to loose my cool at his sudden attitude change and pushed back with my words.

"I recall saying it is unprofessional, Ms. (Y/L/N)." He replied with somewhat furrowed eyebrows.

"What is unprofessional about my addressing my best friend by their first name!?" I finally exploded.

"Everything. You are my student and I am your Professor." He replied, stepping closer, almost in a threatening way.

"No. I already lost a friend and I am not loosing you too.." I started to shake my head slowly and tear up.

"Do not. Mention. Her. That has ruined my life enough." He seethed.

"Do not blame your sorrows on me! Do you think I've missed her any less than you!? No! Loosing her was the worst thing in the world! But loosing someone I grew to care for greatly would hurt even more!" I yelled as tears fell from my eyes.

I froze. I told him I care for him. He'll take it in the friend sense, right?

Severus suddenly looked confused and squinted at me as he straightened his figure.

"I-I'm leaving.." I told him with a shaky voice as I walked past him. Once I made it to the door, I picked up my pace.

I ran to the Courtyard instead of the Common Room to try to avoid coming in contact with Lucas. Sitting at the fountain I cried, trying to be quiet even though no one was there. Everyone was probably in their Common Rooms by now. I heard footsteps approach me and turned my head to check briefly. It was Professor McGonagall. Crap.

"What's wrong, dear?" She asked me, sitting down next to me.

"It's nothing." I hiccuped and tried to muster a smile.

"Oh believe me dear I would know if it were nothing." She consoled me.

"Alright, fine. It's Severus.." I replied without thinking.

I need to get used to saying Professor Snape. But she seemed to understand. She knew of our past friendship, so she would understand why I called him by his first name.

"What about Severus, dear?" She asked me.

"He's always frowning, angry, or indifferent about everything! He treats me like a child even though I am only 3 years younger than him! And he acts like I am not worth his time anymore.." By the end of my sentence, I'd quieted down and resorted to crying silently.

"I am so sorry to hear that.. I can have Professor Dumbledore talk to him. He is close with Severus, meaning he may be able to talk some sense into him." She tries to comfort me some more.

"That's alright.. you don't have to." I replied, beginning to calm down.

"I'm getting kind of tired. I should probably go to my Common Room Professor.." I tell her.

"Alright, dear. I hope you feel better." She gave me a reassuring look partnered with a smile.

"Thank you Professor." I said before I left.