Decisions, Decisions

~Potion's Classroom - December 26th - Monday Morning~

Severus' POV:

Ever since Christmas break came to an ended, (Y/N) and I had prepared for the worst. Which to us meant, students creating rumors about our relation to one another, as well as Elora.

Currently, I was preparing today's schedule in my classroom. That is, until I heard the footsteps of students gradually become louder.

°••°°••°°••°°••°°••°

Keeping unrelated questions from being asked in class was much more difficult than I had anticipated. I expected students to wait until the end of class to ask their dreaded questions, but no such thing occured.

Although (Y/N) and I had agreed not to deny suspicion, I had no intention of wasting away half the class answering silly inquiries and listening to gossiping whispers.

The first class of students consisting of 4th years, was especially bothersome. I wouldn't be surprised if the entire class failed to remember a single thing I taught them today. And although I wasn't being asked anything directly, the whispering was increasing. Especially during the ingredient gathering portion of class.

"Do you think the rumors are true..?"

"I don't know.. Professor Snape doesn't really seem capable of.. love.."

"Do you think their kid was the result of a.. a one night thing? That would be quite awkward.."

I was baffled by the inappropriate rumors I was hearing,

"I've had just about enough of this! All of you! Return to your seats and clear your tables!"

The horror in these students eyes was evident and all of them rushed to sit in their seats.

I contemplated what I'd be saying to them. But after a short silence, I raised my head and began my lecture,

"Tell me. What is it about gossip and rumors that attracts all of you like moths to a blinding light? What enjoyment do any of you receive from participating in spreading them? The suffering of another person? Their humiliation? It is sickening to me, hearing these foul comments leave your mouths. And how dare you insult one of your superiors, who's passion is to teach you and care for you.. You should be ashamed of yourselves."

The shock on the student's faces was clear. Each and every one of them felt regret, embarrassment, and shame.

"In order to cease the spread of your disgusting rumors, I will clarify only two things."

The heads of some students turned towards me in anticipation as I said this,

"It is true that Elora is in fact my daughter. As for my relations with Professor (Y/L/N). She is my partner, as I am hers."

Small gasps rose from various tables as I confirmed their suspicions. I continued shortly after,

"From now on, if I hear one more incorrect assessment of both myself and Professor (Y/L/N) from any of you, detention and loss of house points will be the least.. of your concern."

At this moment, all that could be heard was the bubbling of cauldrons.

"Return to your assignment.. immediately."

The scrambling that ensued after this order was slightly amusing to me. I accomplished my goal in putting an end to the rumors.

°••°°••°°••°°••°°••°