Tension and Detention

3rd POV:

Severus woke up rather early. He barely got any sleep due to yesterdays, events.. Severus got ready for the last school day of the week which, in his opinion, had not come soon enough.

At that same moment, (Y/N) was sitting on her bed, legs crossed, still thinking about the night before. It seemed as though she had struggled to get enough sleep and had a hard time getting out of bed to get ready for her first lesson of the day, Flying class.

Once she made it to the Great Hall for breakfast, Lucas noticed her tired expression.

~Great Hall - September 6th - Friday Morning~

Your POV:

"Hey Lucas.." I said tiredly.

"Hey (Y/N/N). Are you doing well?" Lucas asked me.

"I'm fine. Just a little tired." I replied giving him a small smile.

"I can tell. You sure you don't want some of my pumpkin juice?" Lucas offered to me.

"I'm sure. Let's just get ready for class." I assured him.

Each class flew by until lunch time, because I knew the next class would be with Severus. I really only picked at my food. I even fell asleep for a couple minutes, just slouching in my seat.

Severus' POV:

I noticed (Y/N)'s tired expression during lunch as she picked at her food. To my surprise, she fell asleep in a seemingly uncomfortable slouching position. I frowned seeing her this unaware and tired. Her seemingly oblivious red-headed friend finally noticed her slouching form and woke her up. Apparently there are many oblivious witches and wizards attending this school..

Your POV:

I woke up to Lucas shaking me.

"(Y/N). You fell asleep. Are you sure you're ok?" Lucas asked me with a worried expression on his face.

"I'm fine. I'll just go to sleep after Potions Class.." I replied, getting up for our last class of the day.

"Alright." He said, not sure if he should be worried or not.

-Potions Class-

As I entered the classroom, I could see Severus glaring at me. Way more than I expected. Once class had started I was falling asleep again. Severus seemed to notice this and took my sleeplessness into account.

"As I was saying, today you will be learning how to brew a draught of living death. So, if you will, take out your Advanced Potion Making Books-" Severus was apparently standing right in front of me as I was falling asleep.

He bent down to face me and continued,

"It would be greatly.. appreciated." He said with that seething tone once more.

I jerked my head up once Lucas nudged me.

"Sorry.. I didn't get much sleep last-" "Detention after class. Am I understood?" He cut me off, leaving me speechless.

I didn't even have enough energy to rebute his statement.

"Understood.. Professor." I muttered.

Once I replied, he ordered the rest of the class to carry on. Lucas pat me on the back as I grabbed my book from my book bag. I slammed it on my desk unwillingly. Everyone, and I mean everyone looked in my direction.

"Accident.." I explained sheepishly.

Severus just glared and continued. I sighed and started reading the instructions. Detention is going to be hell..

-Detention-

Once everyone had left, I was still in my seat, just resting my head on the desk when Severus began speaking.

"What right do you have to bring any of our issues to Professor Dumbledore!?" He raised his voice as he walked up to my table angrily.

I raised my head in confusion,

"What the bloody hell are you talking about!?" I asked, angered by his accusation.

"You know exactly what I mean!" He said with the same raised voice as before.

I thought for a second and then realized what he mean't.

"I didn't go to Professor Dumbledore! Professor McGonagall found me outside in the Courtyard after our fight. She told me she could tell Professor Dumbledore to talk to you, but I said she didn't have to." I replied.

"Of course Minerva mixed herself up in all this.." Severus groaned and pinched the bridge of his nose.

I just stared at Severus, almost falling asleep again.

"You will not be sleeping in detention. You will be cleaning out the cauldrons of various first years who failed to brew an immensely simple potion, known as the Cure for Boils. You will not be given the option to use any charms while cleaning." Severus explained whilst walking over from his desk with a rag and bucket of soapy water.

He dropped the supplies on the desk in front of me and then went to his own, probably to grade some papers. I began scrubbing cauldrons and got even more tired after each one. I felt very woozy after 2 hours of cleaning and needed to rest.

"I feel like I'm going to pass out.." I puffed out the last part of that sentence.

"You may sleep after you are finished. You have one cauldron left (Y/L/N)." Severus ignored my obviously tired state and went back to grading.

I finally finished the last cauldron and set it aside.

"I'm done." I said tiredly.

"Good. You may leave." He said without looking up.

I scoffed and brought the bucket of soapy water and the rag to his desk. I didn't set it down softly, which caught his full attention.

"Have a nice rest of your evening, Professor." I said sarcastically.

Surprised as to how I didn't get assigned another detention for being sarcastic before I left, I made my way straight to my dorm room and fell asleep. Robes and all.