Many Tasks At Hand

~Living Quarters - February 21st - Saturday Morning~

Your POV:

Just over a month had passed in which Severus and I had made a few decisions regarding the wedding. The concept that Severus is going to be my husband is surreal to me. It all feels like a dream that one would wish to return to every night. But luckily for me, it's reality.

We'd already gotten some of the main decisions squared away, such as where the wedding would be held, who would be attending, and what date it would happen on.

Severus had gotten Professor Dumbledore's approval for us to host it on the school grounds. We both thought that the most appropriate place to have it is where we first met, grew to love one another, and made the decision to marry. And that location is the willow tree down by the lake.

We also decided on inviting our closest friends and family. Which really only mean't my family and staff members of the school we were close with.

Today was an important day, though. I had planned to go to Diagon Alley to place an order of flowers at a flower shop. Those plans were cut short though when Severus told me he had that part covered. At first I was a bit wary and asked how he'd already taken care of the flowers, but I eventually gave up because he said it was for him to know and for me to find out.

Well then.. On to the next most important thing.

Catering.

°••°°••°°••°°••°°••°

Upon stepping into the quaint tea shop located in Hogsmeade, I noticed there was no one at the front desk. I decided to ring the bell on the counter, and not a minute later, Madam Puddifoot popped her head around a doorway and greeted me excitedly,

"Oh (Y/N) dear! I heard from Professor McHale that you were engaged! Why don't you come into the back with me and you can tell me all about it."

"Of course! That would be great." I smiled and then followed her through a door into the kitchen.

"Now, who is this mystery man you're engaged to, hm?" Madam Puddifoot asked as she hastily grabbed different baking materials off of the shelves.

"I don't suppose you remember Severus? We came here on occasion for tea." I reminded her of mine and Severus' many dessert excursions.

She stopped what she was doing and walked back up to me with a shocked but giddy expression on her face,

"Professor Snape?! Oh that makes plenty of sense! The two of you were nearly inseparable back then."

I chuckled at her response and helped her set some things down on the counter.

"Now then. What is the theme of this wedding of yours?" Madam Puddifoot asked while flipping through the pages of a wedding cake cook book.

"Well.. we don't have a definitive theme for it, but it's going to be held down by the Great Lake, so a naturey touch to the cake would be splendid." I explained the few details I could come up with on the spot.

"Although that isn't a whole lot to go on, a little challenge never hurt anyone." Madam Puddifoot wrote down some notes into a notebook of hers and then asked what other catering needed to be done.

"Well, we've already covered the meals. Except for the dessert that is. Though I do have a specific request I was hoping you could fulfill for me."

I spent some time describing a dessert that I thought people would enjoy.

"Well then! I'll make sure to have these ready by the wedding day." Madam Puddifoot gave me a smile and lead me back out to the front of the shop.

I thanked her once more for her help and then began making my way back to the castle through the soft but cold snow.