Professor

~Great Hall - September 3rd - Friday Morning~

Your POV:

Today was already the second day of school. Yesterday had gone by extremely quickly. I hope the rest of my time spent here won't go by too fast. I've been having a great time so far.

Everyone was currently gathered in the Great Hall for breakfast. On top of that, classes would be starting in 20 minutes. I didn't know what I would be assigned to help with today, being that Callaghan just told me he was fine on his own for the day. And as if Professor Dumbledore could read my mind, he walked up to me and told me what it is I'd be doing today.

"(Y/N). Today you'll be assisting Severus' with his classes. It is the first day that First Years will be attempting to make a potion, so it would be best to have another Professor there to make sure everything goes smoothly." Professor Dumbledore explained to me as students and Professors began to leave the Hall.

"Oh. I thought Severus has no problem handling rowdy First Years. Are there more students than usual this year?" I asked him.

"Well, if you truly would like to know the reason, Severus came to me asking whether you would be able to assist with his classes today. So if you want to make it to the Dungeons in time for the first class, I suggest you hurry on down now." Professor Dumbledore gave me a wink before heading off towards his office.

I smiled to myself and made my way towards the spiral staircase that lead to the Dungeons.

There were many students in the corridors walking in different directions to get to their classes, some of which gave me odd looks. It was mostly the 6th and 7th Years. They must have been some of the students who recognized me. I mean, what can I expect. After Quidditch and the Triwizard Tournament, who wouldn't recognize me after 3 months?

I entered the Potions Classroom along with three other students who were rushing to their seats. I'm guessing Severus gave them his famous lecture at the beginning of class yesterday. Speaking of Severus, he was currently sitting at his desk jotting down some hasty notes on a bit of parchment. I walked up to him, to which he lifted his head and stood up once he realized it was me. As soon as everyone was in their seats, he began speaking.

"First Years. Today you will, for the first time, attempt to brew an extremely simple potion known as the Cure for Boils. I expect no slip ups to occur during the brewing process. And if there were to be any, I guarantee you that house points will be deducted. Now. Before we begin, I'd like to introduce you to Professor (Y/L/N). She will be aiding you all in today's lesson." Severus explained while pacing the room.

The lesson began and Severus gave quick but detailed instructions that the students took notes on in their notebooks. Soon after, each student prepared their cauldron and ingredients. I helped make sure students were using the correct ingredients and weren't putting themselves in harm's way. Once it seemed that each student had the correct ingredients, they began brewing.

The usual talking amongst students resumed, but at a quieter level than in D.A.D.A. for sure. Severus is good at keeping order in his class, although he can be a bit over the top at times. Especially towards Gryffindors. Speaking of Gryffindors, one of them seemed a bit distraught and wasn't adding anything to his cauldron. I walked up to him to see what was wrong,

"Is everything alright?" I asked as I leaned forward a bit with my hands clasped behind my back.

"I don't know.. this whole thing with magic and potions is new to me and I feel like I don't know anything.. I'm a muggle-born or whatever it is the other kids call me.." The boy explained.

"I understand it may not be easy learning these things all of a sudden, but it definitely isn't impossible." I told him.

"What makes you say that?" He asked, still looking very sad at his untouched potions ingredients.