Year 7

(Y/N)'s POV:

It had been just over two years since I've seen Severus last. Every month that passed since graduation where I didn't hear from him made me subconsciously sadder and sadder. After a year, I began to wonder if something had happened to him. What if he die-

'No. There's no way he could be dead. He's a skilled wizard. I doubt something like that could have happened to him..'

I decided at a certain point in time to not dwell on those worries anymore and to just focus on school and the many other things I had to look forward to.

For instance, in the past two school years, I became a Chaser on the Slytherin Quidditch team, a Prefect, I seem to be considered popular, most likely because of Quidditch, and I am considered a great role model to the other students. It's quite insane. I really didn't think any of this would happen to me. Not in a million years.

But sadly, it wasn't all nice. Last year it was announced that my old friend Lily Evans and James Potter were killed by the one and only, Voldemort. I cried for a while when I heard the news. When the news got out, I wondered if Severus had heard what had happened. And if he had somehow, I wished I could have been there for him. And him for me.

°••°°••°°••°°••°°••°

~King's Cross Station - September 1st - Sunday Morning~

My parents were walking with me to platform 9 and 3/4, where I would board the train once more for my last year at Hogwarts. They were both Hogwarts alumni and remembered their last year at Hogwarts very vividly.

The train whistle blew, letting me know that it would start moving soon.

"Goodbye Dear! Have a great time!" My mother called.

"Have a great seventh year!" My father smiled and waved.

"Bye mom and dad! I'll see you soon!" I called.

The train gained speed and my parents' silhouettes gradually became smaller and smaller. I sat down and sighed. My owl, Benny, was sitting in his cage next to me, making a fuss. He didn't like his cage, but loved attention. So I tried my hardest for the next couple minutes to keep him from rattling his cage.

A few seconds later, my compartment door opened.

"(Y/N)!!!" I heard a voice call.

It was my friend Lucas. He is the other Slytherin Prefect and a Beater on the Slytherin Quidditch team.

"Hey Lucas! I was wondering when you'd show up!" I said, getting up to give him a hug.

Benny began to get louder, most likely because Lucas was now there. Lucas gives Benny a lot of attention, which is exactly what Benny loves. As Lucas sat down, I opened Benny's cage for him, allowing him to fly onto Lucas' shoulder. Lucas chuckled at how needy Benny had become and then looked back over at me.

"I got caught up talking to our Quidditch Captain.. Alex was giving me a hard time because I didn't practice as much as I told him I would over the Summer." He replied.

"Like you need a lot of practice.. You're the best beater in our year!" I exclaimed.

He smiled as he scratched Benny's chin.

"Thanks (Y/N). But I do think you're the best Chaser on our team." He replied.

"Thanks Lucas. How has your Summer been?" I inquired.

We caught up during the train ride to Hogwarts. The closer we got, the more impatient I became to get out of the train. But once the time came that we arrived at the station, I had to go group up all the Slytherins, being a prefect and all. Since Lucas was the other Prefect, we split up the years we had to take care of. He took the second, third, and fourth years, whilst I took the fifth, sixth, and seventh years. Hagrid was in charge of all the first years.

-In the Great Hall-

As I was leading a couple Slytherins into the Great Hall, I noticed a shadowy figure enter from the back door at the Professor's table. I couldn't tell who it was, but they intrigued me. Turning my attention back to the Slytherins filing in, I made sure none of them fell behind. Once all of them were seated, I looked for Lucas. The first years were entering soon to be sorted, so I needed to sit down quickly. Once I spotted his fiery red hair, I snuck up and startled him by grabbing his shoulders.

"Boo!" I said, just above a whisper.

He jumped up, gasping slightly, causing many other seventh years around us to laugh. It felt great to be noticed by others for once. Life had really turned around for me in recent years.

"Hey (Y/N/N)." He said casually.

"Hey. When are the first years coming in?" I asked.

"By the looks of the door opening, I'd say right now." He said, pointing at the door while resting his head on the other hand.

I looked over to see many little first years walk in. I pictured myself from when I'd walked in for the first time. It was so hard to keep my smile from widening even more than it already had. First years were starting to be called up when I noticed Professor Slughorn wasn't there. Odd, where could he be? Nearing the end of the Sorting Ceremony, I asked Lucas about it,

"Hey Lucas, where is Professor Slughorn?"

"Hm? Oh. Professor Slughorn retired. Didn't you know that?" Lucas replied.

"No, I didn't. When did that get established!? And who's our new Potions Master?" I asked, very shocked that Professor Slughorn retired.

"Dunno. Professor Dumbledore is probably going to announce them soon though." He said, focusing on the last first year to be called up to the Sorting Hat.

Professor Dumbledore stepped up to the Podium as the last child, now deemed as a Hufflepuff, walked over to their House's table.

"As many of you know, Professor Slughorn has retired from his position as Potions Master." Professor Dumbledore began,

"In his place we have a recent Hogwarts Alumni to fill the position. Everyone give a warm welcome to your new Potions Master and new Head of Slytherin House, Professor! Severus! Snape!"

I spit out my pumpkin juice and began to choke, catching everyone's attention in the vicinity of the pumpkin juice splash zone.

"Whoa! Are you alright, (Y/N)?" Lucas chuckled a bit while patting my back.

I coughed,

"Yeah, I'm fine."

As I looked up, I saw him. In an all black robe, rising from his seat. He still had those same brooding black eyes and that sleek black hair. That was in fact, Severus. Severus, friggin' Snape.