Memories

~Great Hall - Sunday Evening - January 26~

Your POV:

I was sitting in the Great Hall eating my dinner alone this time. Lucas wasn't feeling so well, so he decided to go to the Infirmary for some Pepper-up Potion and then headed to his Dorm. I was currently thinking about last night, being that I am supposed to go to the Potion's Classroom after dinner.

I spent most of my time picking at my food and occasionally looked at the Professors' table where Severus was sitting. He didn't seem fazed by anything at the moment. He just looked content while eating. Maybe he's gotten used to suppressing emotions to the point where it's second nature to him. Once dinner had finished, students started to make their way to their Dorms. I gradually made my way to the Potion's Classroom, wondering what it is I'll be learning today. Maybe apparition.. or even Occlumency. I was pretty excited to learn something new that wouldn't be taught in class. I noticed a few feet from the classroom that the door was ajar. Strange. Severus usually keeps it closed.

I peeked inside and noticed Tyler was there, speaking with Severus. I sighed and walked in, causing them to turn their heads towards me.

"Good to see you (Y/N)! How's the arm?" He grinned at me.

"Fine." I replied, making sure to keep my distance from him.

"Good. Well, I'll be going now. Talk to you later (Y/N)." He said in a disturbingly cheerful tone as he left the room.

Odd. I don't know why he's being so "nice" if you can call it that. Our last encounter was when Lucas and I had to cover up the fact that Severus and I are together. Maybe it has something to do with the Death Eaters?

I snap out of my thoughts the second Severus closes the door and asks,

"Are you ready to begin your first lesson (Y/N)?"

"Yeah, I am. What are we starting with?" I ask while leaning against a desk near the front of the room.

"Occlumency. I will be showing you how to resist the powers of a Legilimens." Severus pauses and points at himself with his wand for a second. "I will be casting Legilimens on you. You will attempt to resist me." He explains as he walks over to his desk.

I chuckled, which caused Severus to look at me and ask,

"What humor do you find in my explanation?"

"Nothing, it's just.. it's kind of hard to resist you already." I said, trying not to laugh as loud as I would like to.

Severus' face went a bit red before he composed himself.

"You need to focus during these lessons, not find ways to distract yourself. Now, take a seat in this chair." Severus pointed at the chair he set in the middle of the room.

I walked over to the chair and sat down.

"What's this for?" I asked.

"In case of any lightheadedness you may develope. You've never had Legilimens cast on you, meaning it will be likely for you to lose consciousness." Severus explained.

I nodded in understanding as Severus positioned himself a couple feet from the chair. He raised his wand and asked,

"Are you ready to resist?"

"Ready." I inhaled and held onto the sides of the chair.

"Legilimens!"

~Memory~

"Lily! Wait up! Where are we going?" A much younger (Y/N) asked as she was being pulled in the direction of the Black Lake.

"I want you to meet someone!" Lily explained, seemingly very excited to introduce (Y/N) to this unknown person.