Where Once We Met

~Living Quarters - December 19th - Monday Morning~

Severus' POV:

As I had expected, I was the first one to wake up. (Y/N) and Elora were sleeping soundly, so I found it necessary to let them rest a little while longer.

For the time being, I decided to visit Diagon Alley in hopes of replenishing the various ingredients missing from my private stores.

Your POV:

I woke up to the sound of Elora's babbling. I believe she was trying to get my attention, because she was staring right at me once I opened my eyes. She then began giggling once she realized that she had gotten my attention. I responded with a laugh of my own and picked her up to get her changed and fed.

°••°°••°°••°°••°°••°

Severus had left me a note on the kitchen table saying he went to Diagon Alley for a few potion related errands. So I decided to use the time before he returned to take a walk around the school with Elora.

The school was nearly empty due to the fact that most students had left for the holidays on the Hogwarts Express this morning.

Around 20 minutes later, I heard someone call in my direction,

"Professor (Y/L/N)!"

I turned my head to see a student, as well as three others, run in my direction, only to stop a few feet in front of me. I recognized them immediately. They were a 3rd year friend group that I had gotten to know during Severus' class.

"Hello you four! I'm surprised to see that you're all staying at Hogwarts for Christmas." I smiled at them.

"We're surprised to see you here at all! Oh! Is this your baby?" Rachel, the one who called my name earlier, asked.

"Yes, this is Elora." I turned Elora around in my arms to have her face them.

The group awed at Elora and began asking question after question. Mainly ones such as,

'How old is she?'

'How did you keep it a secret at school?'

'Will she be there in classes when I begin teaching again?'

And the last one being,

"Who's her father?"

I was caught off guard by the question, being that it was also asked by a student. I stuttered a bit before responding,

"Em.. her father, is um-"

"(Y/N)?" All five of us turned around to see Severus walking our way.

Elora must have seen him as well because she began squealing and reaching for Severus now.

"Wait a minute.. Is Professor Snape-"

"Am I what?" Severus asked, one eyebrow raised at the students.

Elora interrupted with her whining and I finally gave up trying to keep her still,

"Can you please take her?"

Severus seemed skeptical since there were students present. But it was only a matter of time until word got out, so he ended up taking her.

"Oh my gosh, wait. Professor Snape are you her father?" Rachel and her friends looked eager to find out.

Severus gave me a 'wtf' look and hesitated to respond. I sighed and decided I might as well,

"Yes, he is her father."