Trickery

~Malfoy Manor - Friday Evening - January 24~

Severus' POV:

"Tyler, my boy! Welcome.."

The second I heard the boy's name my expression turned from my normal one into a more perplexed one. Of all the wizards who could have walked through that door, it had to be him.

"My Lord." Tyler leant forward slightly in a bow before being told to come forward.

"Tyler, come here.." Lord Voldemort ordered the boy.

Once beside him, the Dark Lord continued,

"Show me your arm.."

~Great Hall - Saturday Evening~

Your POV:

"So (Y/N), how have you been? We haven't really hung out much besides during classes and Quidditch practice." Lucas asks me as I grab a sandwich from one of the platters on the table.

"I'm alright. I've just been studying for our N.E.W.T's at the end of the year. I'm kind of nervous for them to be honest.." I replied before taking a bite of my sandwich.

"Don't be nervous! You're in the top 5 of every class! Most students look at you as a role model. So if that isn't saying anything I don't know what will." Lucas said, which cheered me up quite a bit.

"Thanks Lucas. I haven't really looked at it in that way." I smiled at him.

All of a sudden, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around to see Professor McGonagall,

"Ms. (Y/L/N). Would you please come with me."

"Yes, Professor." I replied while getting up out of my seat.

Lucas and some other students looked a bit confused and to be honest, so was I. Professor McGonagall lead me to.. the Headmaster's Office!?

"Am I in trouble Professor?" I asked her.

"Of course not, Ms. (Y/L/N). There is just an issue that pertains to you at the moment." She replies.

That didn't really help in my understanding of what was going on, but I guess I'll find out soon enough. Professor McGonagall lead me up the staircase to the Headmaster's Office. I entered the room to see my father standing there with the Headmaster. I remembered that I have to pretend to not remember anything from the last time I saw him, so I couldn't look upset.

"Dad? What are you doing here?" I asked as I walked up the steps to the Headmaster's desk.

"I am here to bring you home. Your mother, she.. she's ill." He says.

"What!? What does she have?" I asked frantically.

"I had a doctor come over and they weren't able to identify the illness." My father replied, sounding very distraught.

"Alright. Um.. I need to at least grab my school books before goi-" "I can have your books sent home (Y/N), right now, your mother's health is of more importance than studies." Professor Dumbledore explained.

"Oh, alright. When do you think I can come back dad?" I asked him.

"As soon as possible. Could be a day, week, not entirely sure right now (Y/N)." He replied.

My father handed me some floo powder and told me to follow after him. He said our home address and then disappeared in a green flame. I stepped into the fireplace next and did the same. Once I could see my living room through the fire I stepped out. My father was sitting on the sofa. I walked over to him and asked,