CHAPTER 36-MEANT FOR EACH OTHER ~ FARHAN💀

F A R H A N : -

"Pleasure to meet you sir," I greeted my client Mr. Wazir as I shook his hand and motioned him to take a seat,

"Ah, the pleasure is all mine gentleman after all I finally got a meeting fixed with Mr. Farhan Siddque," he chuckled and sat down on the chair infront of me.

"Not at all sir, it's an honour for me and my company to have a contract with yours," I said as the waiter came served some refreshments on the table,

The old man infront of me laughed and said, "I see you got the ability of sweet talks from your dad, my old friend Junaid,"

I smile and added some sugar in my coffee, "You could say that sir,"

"Now no need to make me feel anymore old by calling me sir," He says adding a sachet of brown sugar in his coffee,

"As you say Mr. wazir," he laughed, sipping his coffee.

"I was actually hoping to have a meeting with you last week but you canceled it, had second thoughts on our contract?" He asks setting his cup down.

I shook my head, "Absolutely not, just...some family emergency," all related to my wife.

"Oh alright family comes first, always." he smiled warmly, "So is junaid still here or back at istanbul?"

"Baba went back to istanbul two weeks ago, I was supposed to leave last week after our meeting but had to cancel that plan and here we are,"

He leaned a little closer to the table and asked in a hushed voice,
"And how is the other business going?"

I raise my eyebrows in amusement, "Great, you don't have to be so discreet about saying it, people won't figure out what 'business' we are talking about"

"But it's good to be discreet, if I hadn't left this thing with your father and went back to London I would've been an Spy for all you know," the skin wrinkled near his eye as he laughed delightfully.

I let out a quiet laugh, "Sure you would be,"

"Now if I kept going with my talks we would not be able to complete our meeting to which we are here for the first place." He said and I agree, taking out a black file from from my bag and kept it on the table infront of him,

"Here you go Mr. Wazir, " I slid the file in front of him, "You can read it if you want," I add.

He adjusted his glasses on the bridge of his nose, bringing the file closer to him, "Of course, your father's number one rule which he thought me, read a contract twice before signing it."

"Been told the same," I smiled and he continued reading the contract,

While he was reading it a question popped in my mind which kept nagging for a while.

"Mr. wazir if you don't mind me asking, is there a specific reason you wanted this project to be named 'Sitara'?"

He paused reading the contract and stilled for a moment, making me think I shouldn't have asked it so openly.

"It's alright, sorry for asking if it's too personal," I add immediately before I could regret anything.

He shook his head and closed the file, taking out his glasses, he stared outside the glass windows from the tenth floor view of the hotel,

His salt and pepper hair glistened in the sunlight, he had a dazed look in his eyes, I was afraid if I hit an emotional nerve.

"Mr. wazir are you-" I stop talking when he replied,