CHAPTER 10- A WARM WELCOME?~ Ayesha💕

A Y E S H A :-

As soon as the car stopped at the gravel of the front porch of a beautiful enormous house, the door to my side swing open almost making me tumble down, if not for my heavy dress weighing me down.

A camera was shoved on my face, the flashes making me lose my sight,
"Bhabhi! Oh my pretty pretty bhabhi! Smile! Bhai you also look at bhabhi you guys look so perfect Masha'Allah!" Mina bounces excitedly like a squirrel who caught a fire on it's tail, i gave her an uneasy smile.

"Um Mina, you know you could do this later and give her space so she could come out?" Aunt ayeeza comes to my defence and drags mina and her camera out of my face.

I am already loving my mother in law.

Aunt ayeeza helped climb out of the car because i am as helpless as an damsel in distress could get in a heavy dress, numerous firecrackers were lit and blasted for my entry, making me choke my cough and increase air pollution.

Numerous photos, teasing, hugs and aggressive kisses from aunties, my aunt- become- my- mother-in-law, brought me inside the house and made me sit on a plush sofa, and made her son and my you-know-who beside me.

A big copper bowl filled with milk along with rose petals floating on top of it, was placed in front us, I wanted to roll down on the ground and throw a tantrum for doing all of these and maybe sleep for forty- eight hours or more.

But that seem impossible as Aunt Ayeeza came by our side, and smiled warmly. Her hazel eyes twinkling with motherly kindness and love.

"Now here comes the good part, in this rasam you both have to find the ring in this bowl." She taps the copper bowl, "And whoever finds ring first, well my mother in law used to say that whoever first finds the ring, he or she will be ruling the married life, but it doesn't necessarily have to be true, this rasam is just for fun,it doesn't applies on your life, so don't take it on heart."

Uncle Junaid scoffed sitting on the sofa opposite to us, "She is saying that because she lost at our wedding."

"And yet, the meaning wasn't true after all huh?" Aunt ayeeza said sitting beside him and raised an eyebrow in question, uncle Junaid closed his mouth and looked up suddenly finding the ceiling more interesting.

"Woahh. That one burned too bad huh baba? Let me a capture the burn moment." Mina said shoving the camera at uncle Junaid's face.

"No. No. Mina. No. We don't capture embarrassing moments of our own team." Uncle Junaid defended a moment before mina clicked his picture.

A chuckle left my mouth, hurriedly I looked down at lap to cover my chuckle as a cough so I couldn't be judged.

"Okay, stop you both. Farhan and Ayesha come on go ahead." Aunt Ayeeza encouraged.

I felt a bit reluctant to move forward first as the person behind me didn't made a single move.

"Ohh I think bhabhi is scared, after all we all know it's Farhan who is going to rule." Few of his male cousins mocked at the back, the sound of their laughing and giving high five, made me embarrassed and tug at the loose skin around my nails.

Mina stopped clicking my pictures and put her camera down and turned towards the group, giving a big smile she said,

"No one asked you gooses of your opinions, and besides you all don't know my bhabhi yet. So sew your mouths shut or I'll do it." She gave another cheeky smile, "Respectfully, of course."