CHAPTER 15- UNKNOWN CALLS~Ayesha💕

A Y E S H A :-

"What's with the silence today?" Farhan asks me the first thing as we were driving back from airport.

Why? Can't I have a peaceful morning?
I wanted to answer him that but I didn't do that, for good measures.

Let's start with how Today early morning mama baba and mina went back to istanbul leaving me alone with mister iceberg, we were on our way back to our home after dropping them at the airport with tearful goodbyes, Of course I was upset that everyone left so I was naturally feeling little lonely and second of all I am not a Morning person, not at all, and third of all I am tired, emotionally, and physically.

"Well?" He prompted, tapping his thumb on steering wheel impatiently.

"No reason," I replied glancing outside the car window and watching trees passing with a blur,

"As far as I know you are not a quite person, I noticed you talk quite decently to others." He glances at me, his gladiator sunglasses glinting from the sharp morning rays.

"I am not in a mood to talk." I replied playing with the ends of my hijab.

"Not in a mood to talk or not in a mood to talk to me?" He asks again and I raise an eyebrow at him,

"Why are you so persistent today? It's not like we talk everyday," I snap and immediately regret my choice of words.

His jaw tenses, "You asked me to improve, but clearly you don't listen to your own words."

Regret churns in my stomach I wanted to apologise to him for snapping but my ego didn't allow me to,

He was not always like this, Mina's words echo in my mind as I looked at him, he was right I lectured him to try and look at me being a hypocrite.

"I am not a morning person." I say quietly swallowing my ego down.

"What?" He asks looking ahead, concentrating on the road ahead.

"Answer to your previous question." I picked up the skin around my nails avoiding looking at him.

"Oh." He clears his throat, "More of a night person perhaps?"

I breath a silent air of relief at the silent truce between us, "No."

"No?"

"I am just a..a...person." I answer after lot of thinking,

It's just so difficult to make people understand what is it like to not sleep and not wanting to wake up.

"Oh..okay then."

I shift in my seat, This is awkward. But at least a progress.

After some time we reached our house, as soon as the car stopped in front of the porch steps, I practically sprinted out and made a bee line to my room, avoiding to look at the empty house which was radiating happiness full of people yesterday and now void of any.

When I came out of the bathroom, I saw farhan combing his hair and he was in his office suit?

What is he? Flash?

Before I could open my mouth, he answered my unasked question,

"I have an immediate meeting with my clients." He said fixing his rolex watch on his wrist.

"Oh..ok?" It came out as a question.

Wait a second, it means I will be alone in this whole house.

He cleared his throat adjusting his collar, "I will be back soon."

This feels like a normal conversation and totally abnormal at the same time.