CHAPTER 24 -HIS CAPTIVATING EYES ~ Ayesha💕

A Y E S H A : -

"Mama, Do you need some tea?" I ask mama as I poured some tea for baba jaani in his cup.

"Thank you beta," he passed me a smile, and I returned one.

When I didn't heard mama's response I looked up to see that she was having her breakfast but her eyes were looking distant as if she is in some deep thoughts.

"Mama?" I asked her again, thinking she didn't heard me first.

She still didn't looked up from her plate. I frowned, what is that she is thinking so intently about?

"Ayeeza?" baba called her, she snapped her head up and looked at our confused faces, She looked startled for a second but composed herself.

"Huh? You called?" She asked snapping from her daze.

"Yes. Ayesha was asking you something," baba jaan pointed at my direction.

"Oh, um yes beta?" She asks,

"I was asking, if you would like some tea?" I asked her lifting the kettle in my hand.

"Tea? Um yeah, sure." I frowned but poured some tea in a cup and passed her. Which she took and passed me a smile. And I didn't failed to notice that the smile quite didn't reach her eyes.

Mama was never like this. She always used to chat on the dining table, to lift the mood. But from this morning I observed she was quite distant. She isn't even having her breakfast properly. I wonder what is going in her mind.

"Amma, are you okay? Is something bothering you?" Farhan asked, who was seated beside me.

I looked at him to see, a frown on his face. Oh, I guess I was not the only one who noticed.

Mama who was about to take a sip from her tea, froze midway and looked up at Farhan.

"No, why you ask?" She shrugged.

"You seem in some deep thoughts," he paused for a second, "Do you not feel well?"

Mama shook her head, playing with the corner of her toasts, "No no, I am fine. It's not about me."

"Then about who?" Farhan frowned before asking, "Is it about mina? Is someone bothering her?" Farhan's voice suddenly changed from concern to anger. I could feel his protective brother side coming up. I kept my hand on his arm, Indicating him to keep calm.

Before Farhan could predict anything more in his anger, mama interrupted.

"No, nothing happened to mina." Mama said defensively. "I am fine. Nothing happened." she dismissed.

I highly doubt that.

"Baba what happened?" Farhan now directed this question to baba.

"She is not even telling me, And ayeeza don't you deny it." He said to mama pointing his finger towards her. "Any person who sees you can tell something is bothering you. Even Ayesha observed. Right?" He turned to me and I nodded my head. Like a obedient child.

"Am I that bad, in hiding things?" Mama said settling her cup down on the table.

"Well, obviously," Farhan scoffs, Mama looked at me and I nodded.

"I think there is now no point to hide now," she mumble massaging her temples with her fingers.

"Please Ayeeza tell us, what key to treasure are you hiding?" I heard baba and we all turned towards baba. I gave him an amused look.