CHAPTER 50- FATE~ Farhan 💀

F A R H A N :-

Mina sits back on the couch after attaching the phone cable to the home speaker.

We all sit in silence, hearing the sound of impending heavy rain through the speaker. Which took me took me down on a déjà vu of remembering that day.

"Mama, baba." They both sit straight in surprise hearing his voice.

"My brother Farhan and my little Mina." The voice flows through the room.

I try shake off the goosebumps hearing his voice again.

"I don't know what the future will hold when you all will listen to this recording," his voice fells heavy.

"If we all are listening to this together it means everything went well. But if....if I am not there with you all, there are few things I want to say."

I gulp looking away from teary faces of my parents not knowing if I could handle this.

"It's twenty ninth of December 2015, time two fifty two AM. Here I am Fahad siddque sitting in my car outside my assigned station by the North Sea post. Ready with my proofs and evidences of Emir Gerdezi, tomorrow we have a last hearing. I am going to hide these evidences in my office to keep it secure. It's a small task, I know I would do it in a second. But...but.."

His voice shakes as he sighs.

"I have solved many cases in my job, but tonight....tonight seems different. There is a unknown fear in my heart. Something tells me it's not going to be okay. But I don't believe in all of this, if I did I wouldn't be in this profession, jumping out on any chance to save people without thinking of myself. But as I sit here a tiny part of me wants to back out and go back to my family. It's a tiny part, I would not consider this, because it overgoes my oath. I am reminding myself it's going to be a massive help for those who don't have a family. I am doing it for those, I know..no I believe with all my heart that my family understands me, and will always be with me no matter what."

I look at Mina who silently looked at the speaker as if imagining it's just not the voice but our brother himself.

I get from my seat and walk towards her, she startles when I sit beside her, she cries seeing me and leans her head on my shoulder,

"I prayed few hours ago and I just asked to Allah to help me guide to whatever is best for me, and my city. And I would like to say it to all of you too, whatever happens, consider a test from Allah, it was written. We couldn't have changed that. Try to accept whatever happens and try harder in the future. Don't burden yourself from any guilts, regrets, move on. Move on for something better, something special, past only brings pain."

I hold Mina's hand tighter hearing the shaky voice of our brother.

"Mama, baba, I am sorry if I couldn't be there for you as a son you needed, I am really sorry. You both are the greatest parents anyone could ask for. I am really thankful for yours love, support and appreciation throughout my life. I am sorry if I lead you down, I really love you both."

Mama sobs holding her head and baba comforts her, his own tears evident on his face.

"My siblings, Farhan and Mina, just...just be kind and always help others in need. You both will be beautiful humans, never forget your values and ethics. And my Farhany.."

I look down feeling the swamp of emotions rolling in me.

"Control your anger buddy, you have a good heart, never think any less of you. I have faith in you, you will do great in future. Your good heart will always make you win in future. Start opening your heart a little more, it won't hurt."