CHAPTER 17- ONE STEP FORWARD, THREE STEPS BACK~ Ayesha💕

A Y E S H A : -

Keeping the glass back down on the table, I wiped my mouth with the back of hand and removed my hijab freeing my hair and sag back on the couch.

The weather today is really gloomy, it is raining but it doesn't feels like the peaceful calm rain it rather looks like the dark, gloomy where your gut tightens with anxiety, your brain forming hundred thoughts of something bad might happen.

That exactly what happened when I was driving back home and looking at the dark clouds, my stomach lurching with an unknown uneasiness.

Seeing as we both weren't in the house for lunch, both the house helps have finished their work and went back to their quarters. So I startled when I heard the main door opening.

I sat up straighter in my seat when I heard the sound of footsteps approaching the living room,

I have already decided I am going to say Farhan everything about my past and leave no misunderstanding behind, when he finally entered the living room, seeing his state my gut formed in a ball of anxiety.

His hair was wet as if he stayed in rain, his tie which he wore in the morning was no longer on his neck, the sleeves of his shirt was folded up till his elbows and the top buttons of his shirt open, He dropped his jacket on the couch opposite to which I am seated, and leaned against it.

"Farhan?" I called out, unsurely.

His eyes snapped up from my voice and I was taken aback noticing the redness around them,

"Are you okay?" I got up from my seat and walked towards him,

He said nothing and just stared me, his eyes looked so void right now, so calm. The one before the storm.

I looked away, afraid he might read my mind from his intense stare, "You don't look so good, go change your clothes they all are wet, I will make some coffee for you." Maybe after coffee I will tell him.

I turned around walking towards the kitchen when I halted my steps as he asked,
"How did your outing go?"

Looking over my shoulder, I saw him staring at me more intensely than ever before, "The one with your friends." His voice was full of feign humour.

I turned fully towards him and picked the skin around my nails, my fingertips turning cold,
"G-good."

"Just good?" His mouth tips down,

I opened and closed my mouth having no answer, "Why are you speaking like that?"

"Like what?" He stands to his full height and takes slow predatory steps towards me,

"Like-like you want to-to intimidate me." I stutter seeing him stalking closer to me,

"Oh." He scoffs, "You think?" He stops in-front of me.

"Then what are you doing?" I ask taking a step back.

"You tell me what should I do," another step closer, I halted when the back of legs hit the couch.

My heart started thumping wildly as he stepped more in my personal space, he picked up a loose strand of my hair and dragged his finger down from my face to arm,

"Reckon, should I do something like this?" His fingers reached my wrist and grabbed it bringing my hand closer to his chest.

"Or like this?" He started caressing my knuckles, staring deeply in my eyes making me shiver.

"stop." I whispered,

"Hm? No? Or maybe you liked when he does this?" Then he brings my knuckles to lips and gives it a kiss, if it might be another moment I would've blushed but now it only gave me discomfort.