CHAPTER 16- BUSINESS AND WAKE UP CALLS~ Farhan 💀

F A R H A N :-

"By Thursday I want you to get the report ready which I have to present in meeting, Am I clear Mr. Gillani?" I slid the file towards the marketing department Head.

"But sir Thursday is just in two days and I don't think report will be ready in such a short span of time." His voice was desperate,

"I didn't asked your opinion Mr.Gillani, I am telling you and it's upto you how do you finish this report, do extra shifts, appoint any interns do whatever you want to do but by Thursday morning I want those reports on my desk." I said closing off my laptop.

"But sir..."

"You are dismissed." I gestured him to leave.

He nodded and left my Cabin, bet he is cursing me in his head.

I got myself busy in some paper works when out of nowhere, the door slammed open to reveal my dad,

I sighed as he sat on the seat opposite to the desk,

"How can I help you Mr.Siddique?" I ask him.

"Hmm by going home and let me to do the work in my office." he said leaning back on his chair.

"For your kind information Mr.siddique my father has given his place as a CEO to me so now its My office, if you weren't informed that is."

"And For you 'kind' information you have a wife now at home." He threw my words back at me.

"That was very accurate observation of you." I remark clicking my tongue.

"So what are you doing here? go home spend some time with your wife leave this office work to me."

"You are the first retired man who still wants to work, and," I grabbed a file from his hand which he picked up from my desk, "I could say the same for you."

"Say what?" He grumbles,

"Having a wife and all, and you have kids too."

"Very accurate observation of you." He mimics me making me chuckle.

"But on a serious note Farhan, go spend time with your wife you guys are newly married and it's just second month of your wedding and here you are, sitting in your office ordering your employees instead of being with your wife, and enjoying this newly wed phase, trust me son this time won't be back." He snatches a file from my hand as our conversation steers on a serious note.

"But office is also important, baba." I argue.

"Not more than this time, trust me son, few years from now you will regret not spending enough time with your wife, look there are certain time periods of life, a time when you are newly married, a time you become parents for the first time, a time you will spend with your children, a time when you will celebrate five, ten, fifteen years of your marriage, and trust me when I say, none of this time will return. Live in the moment my son." He stands up from his seat walking towards the window showing the skyline of Ankara city.

"Office, business, money, career is going to be with you for the rest of your life, but this time will not." Baba seems lost in his thoughts, as if he had faced this.

"Did you wasted your time also?" I ask carefully
Standing beside him.

His smile is almost invisible, "I did, I so did, I preferred business over family, but now I don't want you to do the same."

"And you regret doing it?" I ask.

"More than you think." The corner of his eyes wrinkled as he smiled sadly.