CHAPTER 40.1- BEFORE.

T H I R D   P E R S O N    P.O.V : -

6 YEARS AGO,

12 DECEMBER 2009.
DURRANI VILLA, IZMIR, TURKEY*

The soft echoes of festive music resonated around the walls of the Durrani villa, chatter, laughs and whispering noticeably pulsating in the air along with the sweet smell of fresh flowers with pleasing smell of henna.

The shy bride who was clad in an intricate tea pink lehenga,was waiting for a ring to be placed on her finger, she sat surrounded by her cousins who were constantly teasing her, making her blush,

"Oh god, you guys give her some space." Hearing an annoyed voice of Heer Durrani, everyone slowly dispersed away from the bride, delicately clutching her designer gown she stepped up on the stage with a priggish expression on her flawless face.

"She's not a honey and nor you all are bees, so stop buzzing around her, and go sit where guests are supposed to sit." Heer said eyeing everyone with a distaste.

"Heer," the bride tugged her hand as the girls went down from the stage everyone either with an embarrassed or annoyed look.

"What?" Heer retorted acting unaware of the situation,

"You didn't had to be rude." The bride sighed softly as heer adjusted her ghoongat on her head.

"I had to, you are my sister, I am supposed to be with you not them, they don't have any rights." Heer grumbled sitting beside her sister,

"Then sit here, no one is stopping you." The bride patted her hand.

Before heer could say any further, Their mother stepped on the stage along with the bride's to be mother in law aka her own khala [Aunt; Mom's sister]

To impress her, Heer put on a big smile on her face and stood up and greeted her khala, "Salam, Khala!" She hugged her.

Her khala patted her head and hugged her, "Walaikumaslam, guriya [Doll]"

Heer stepped away from the hug and feigned innocent look with a pout,
"Kiya khala, aapne toh aaj meri tareef hi ki, Aapko pata hai ye gown maine khud design kiya hai."
[ Aunty, you didn't even praise me today, look I am even wearing this gown which I have designed myself] she twirled her gown.

"Yes you are looking very pretty Heer, magar pehle mujhe aapne Aapni Hone-wali Pehli bahu toh dekhne do,"
[but first let me see my to be first daughter-in-law] Her khala smiled and tapping her chin.

The bride smiled softly as her khala hugged her lovingly and kissed on top of her head, "Dekho na Kitni piyari lag rahi meri Fanaa." [See how beautiful is my Fanaa looking] Khala gushed and Fanaa, the bride bowed her head down shyly.

Heer gave a tight lipped smile and nodded her head quite forcibly, her mother squeezed her shoulder in warning.

Holding fanaa's chin in awe, her khala whispered,
"Mere Fahad ki dulhan." [my Fahad's bride]

Her khala smiled and before she could say any more praise for Fanaa, noticing Heer's annoyed mood, their mother interjected,
"Yes ayeeza, but have a look at my heer, doesn't she looks like a princess? She even said that she will design a red outfit for Fanaa for her engagement, but I said no because you know Red doesn't suit on her." Their mother laughed and heer chuckled, Fanaa smiled half heartedly and looked down at her lap.