CHAPTER 49- LETTER ~Farhan 💀

F A R H A N :-

I look at the clock on my bedside table, it keeps ticking, the hand keeps moving forward, the seconds keep ticking, the night gets more dark.

But I can't do anything, I can't sleep, I can't think except the thought of thinking about my wife.

Is she okay? Did she eat? She gets a headache if she doesn't drinks her night tea with me. She can't sleep without tying her hairs because it irritates her. She can't sleep without all those pillows she loves. If I don't stop her she keeps grinding her teeth in sleep.

She thinks I won't know, but I wake up every time she used to go sit in the balcony swing. During our earlier days of marriage, I always saw her through the balcony doors, sitting alone on the swing and wipe her tears. I don't used to feel bad for her then, but as time passed, her each tear pained me.

Every time I made her cry, I wanted nothing more than to punch myself. She didn't deserve the person I was back then. She doesn't deserve me now, she is a type of person who everyone wants but no one deserves her, she is too kind for this world.

In these last few hours, I regret every single second in which I had butted her. All I wanted now is to hold her close, to never let her go out of my sight. I wanted to see her, be with her, tell her how much she means to me and her every single wound would pain me as well. To tell her how much I love her.

Last few days we used to talk on phone late nights, talking about everything. I would repeat what I did the whole day twice just so I could keep talking to her, conversations never ended with her. She somehow always discreetly used to tell me that she wants to see me safe. She is waiting for me.

I never replied her, I should've have agreed to what she said, because right now, I don't want to kill someone, I just want my peace. My Ayesha, nothing else.

Nothing else matters to me.

I wiped the corner of my eye and picked up the last letter in the box,

I smile realising the date, she wrote this writing on her favourite swing.

I took a deep breath and opened the letter,

My dear husband, Farhan.

First, I can't believe I am finally addressing these letters to my husband. You don't know how excited I am!

If you've already read my previous letters, I apologise for the cringe liners I wrote back then. But I promise, I learned better now.

I know this letter is kind of random, but I need to tell you something important, which I can't express clearly, my feelings.

I would always care for you by my actions, but verbal response is also important, and you know how bad I am at talking my feelings, so here I am writing it down for you.

Years ago I read somewhere, Real love is only after arrange marriages. I didn't realise back then, I always wanted a love marriage, because I thought if you know the person who you are marrying is already in your heart, it will be easier, life would be so much fun.

But I was wrong all along, when we got married, it was a tough walk, there were misunderstandings, tears, fights, distances, which I thought would never end. I thought I was struck in an dark tunnel.

But I forgot, there is always light at the end of the tunnel, you just need to keep walking, if you stop the darkness will swallow you.

You were my guarding light to the dark, you made me believe in love like no other romance books could. When I started understanding you, I realised falling in love is much easier when you have the right person.