-Eighty-Seven-

Drinking without end

Turn to ash across the seas

Homes warm playfully

Amani:

         "Just give it to me straight, doctor... my penis is broken isn't it?!" I hastily turned my head in the direction of my husband and gave him an outraged look which quite frankly mirrored the expression of the doctor who was having a simple conversation to us about the science of getting pregnant and things of relating matter.

            "Layton!" I scolded him to which he replied with a lopsided grin and shoved his hands into his suit pocket, "Sorry Mani, you know I like to get right to the point." He replied to me and I sighed, turning to the doctor as I apologized.

            "I apologize, doctor." I nodded towards her.

            She waved her hands dismissively and chuckled, "Not to worry, your majesty... I can understand the frustration sometimes about things like this all the time." She cleared her throat and continued what she was saying before Layton interrupted her, "As I was saying... it may take times for these things to occur which is okay patience is the key and you want to enjoy the process and not over exert yourself about it." She took a look over at Layton who seemed to be anxiously circling his small area beside me as she spoke.

            "No need to worry Emperor Layton... it's a good thing both you and Empress Amani came to me before trying so we can get a complete analysis on your health, what your reproductive goals, screening you for conditions such as anemia and more. Clearing this up upfront can definitely add to the desired outcome." She attempted to assure him.

            Layton stopped walking and brushed the back of his head with a little bit embarrassment, his ivory-colored immediately casted a red tint indicating that he was indeed discomfited about his behavior. "Again, my apologies... I just though once my wife had gotten off her birth control you know it would... be... immediate." More color rose to his face as he looked away from the doctor's curious stare. "No need to apologize, your majesty. All of couples come in with the same kind of confusion about these things. Most women will have regular periods and the ability to be pregnant within three months of stopping use." She stated.

            Yeah... 3 months.

            We were almost hitting the 4-month mark since coming back from our honeymoon in Tanzania and the Seychelles; we hadn't been using protection back there, but at the same time I was still on the birth control before we finally decided we would start trying. Once we knew we wanted to go for it, we had Dr. Omolara Ojeda, our obstetrician-gynecologist doing an evaluation on the both of us to make sure we were healthy; she said both of us were in optimal health—sperm-wise as well, so it was just a waiting game of whether or not we would have a bun in the oven.

            But I couldn't help freaking out a bit, what if there was something wrong with me?

            What if I couldn't have children?

            What would it mean for the line of the Orji-Riek, essentially it would be my fault that I couldn't produce an heir to the throne of Idizia. All of this was stressing me out on top of the workload Layton and I had to get through as soon as we came back from our vacation. We went right on tour in Idizia, debuting as a married couple—which was fun, but extremely tiring and the work wasn't stopping anytime soon.

            I looked up at Dr. Ojeda, "Is there anything we can do to speed up the process?" I asked her curiously. The doctor looked over at me with a polite smile, "Speed it up? Not necessarily that... but there are tips you might want to keep in mind when you both are trying." She stated.