-Eighty-One-

Earth covers at day

Last farewell answers to none

Stumbling in-between

Amani:

        "How do I look... country chic, eh? Perfect for this kind of area!" Layton and I both looked over at Rose who had just recently erupted from the car in a stylized outfit fit for the Sako weather; she spun her full body around so we could admire her look.

            Rose wore a fitted silk blouse with an exaggerated necktie underneath a matching cashmere sweater and glen check plaid skirt. The rest of the look featured some over-the-knee cashmere socks situated in expensively-made tanned leather boots and an oversized wrap around scarf that she swung around for added flair of her mini modeling shoot she was having in front of us.

            "Are you going to relax in the countryside or model for a fashion shoot?" Layton asked her sarcastically causing her to stop her insistent flexing so she could narrow her gaze at him.

            "You'd be a fool to think I accepted this trip without bring some form of work with me, Princey-Prince... I was looking for a compliment not a diss!" She huffed as she playfully shoved him out of the way to give me a hug. I took it warmly basking in her familiar sent as I welcomed her to Ormshire.

            "Thanks for coming, Rose." I said.

            She looked up at me and smiled, "Of course! I would not pass up a chance to visit another castle... you don't get to see many of these in your lifetime." She said gratefully. Behind her, Jaala was helping some of the staff that had come out to retrieve their bags from the back of the Bentley SUV trunk they had driven in. Jaala approached both Layton and I so he could bow formally before giving me two kisses on the cheek and then greeting Layton with a firm handshake and pat on the back.

            "Your majesty, I am honored you would have us at Ormshire for the week... I am truly humbled." He said as he placed his hand onto his heart. I would've been a little taken aback by the gesture, but Layton had been firm in reminding me that being invited to Ormshire by a member of the Imperial Family was a big deal; as I recall, this was my grandmother's former private residence that she shared with grandpa Hadrien and had done so for as long as they could remember.

            I take that because they had many intimate moments here as a family, even with Odette, my mother, uncle and such that this was a place that only trusted individuals and friends could spend time and unwind together away from the public.

            I waved my hands bashfully at him, "It really isn't much... we consider you very much a part of our friendship circle." I stated kindly to him. He nodded once more at me before looking over at Rose, "Shall we drop our bags off, Rose?" He asked her.

            She nodded, "I hope you gave us a nice room, Mani." She winked at me.

            I rolled my eyes. "The head butler of the estate will show you two in while we wait for the others." I informed them. They both quickly headed inside chatting amongst each other about the pristine nature of the gardening out front of the castle, their voices soon drifting off into the distance.

            Layton and I had come up to Ormshire just a few hours earlier with Éliane and Johnny and were now just waiting on everyone to arrive, as far as we were concerned, they weren't too far off from the road heading in our direction as per their text messages. I had to say though, when I first stepped out of the car and laid eyes on the older residence, I seemed to have had fallen in love.