-Seventy-Five-

Nations of success

Mirror lake delaying joy

Triumph the applause

Amani:

          "And here we have the long-missing Ruisii Mukami of House Mellan stepping forward after decades in the shadows to make an important announcement!"

            "Yes, this is truly unusual to see especially coming from a noble house that has been so private for as long as we can remember... it is always quite fascinating when we get a glimpse into the lives of high society in Idizia."

            "The announcement takes place in the wonderfully adorned garden at the Mellan Residence, quite appropriate for the upcoming coronation of Crown Princess Amani—Oh! She's beginning to speak, let us listen in on the important announcement she has to make!"

            Today, Mukami's face was quite serious, something she wasn't always intentionally known for. But she still looked incredibly stunning her sand-painted skin and copper-colored rosy hair seemed to glow with the looming sun overhead of where she stood in front of a podium in her family's garden. Behind her was none other than Joran and Manu, her brothers showing support and confirmation of what she would have to announce to the public.

            Around her, dozens of cameras flashed as reporters eagerly pushed their microphones up as close as they could to get ever last syllable of a word that uttered from her full red lips.

            "Dear Idizia, it has been so long and I know many of you from my day and age had become accustomed to seeing me out in public alongside their Imperial Majesties when duty called for engagements. I have missed my time serving the public with honor and complete dignity." She pursed her lips as she continued to read the statement I had helped prepare her for. Mukami was very hesitant at first when Grandma Zenny and I brought up how she would have to publicly claim her sons so that everyone would know. She was afraid of not only being embarrassed but was also worried about how the news would affect her children.

            But she had to do it. She knew she had to, it would had to have come out eventually—unfortunately, it came sooner than anticipated due to Tinashe's blackmail; something we wanted to wait until after the coronation to deal with, but the case of the matter was that we were here and doing it now.

            "A lot have wondered if I perhaps have decided to step down from my duties due to the late Empress Odette's assassination, but that is not true. Although Odette was more than a sister to me and Princess Liya, my reasoning stems from my own impulsive manners as a young woman... a woman who thought she was in love at one point in her life." She took a deep breath and gazed up at the reporters who continued to snap pictures of her. I knew it was difficult for her because she would have to admit her faults, but I knew better than anyone being honest from the get-go was going to earn people's respect than flat-out lying.

            We all knew what it was.

            But Mukami has grown, she's not as hot-headed and impulsive as she was when she was a young woman and it shows in her behavior; but she can't go back in time to erase the poor choices she made, I doubt she would because she never regretted any of her children.

            Despite that, I was still thankful because her choice did lead me to Layton.

            And I couldn't ask for anything more perfect in my life.